The online racing simulator
Total noob!
(27 posts, started )
Total noob!
Hi

I just bought a license and want to burn some rubber. I want to know how can I change the default car and some tips on how to start playing etc (some links would be great). See you all online.
Quote from Speeder75 :Hi

I just bought a license and want to burn some rubber. I want to know how can I change the default car and some tips on how to start playing etc (some links would be great). See you all online.

www.lfsmanual.net

Welcome to S2 :wave2:
When in the garage/pit. On the right hand side about half way down your screen it says "car". Click here and it will give you all the different cars. You can choose any of them that are glowing I would call it.

Kenneth
Thanks guys. Have another question. I tried some GTR racing and my car won't go full speed. I push the pedal to the metal but it won't go. It goes very slow.
pit limeter is on.
You probably have the pit limiter on

the default key to turn it off is 'L'
Here is a setup field for you to start your path onto a way of success . http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ Here is the link BUT please remember you might have to edit the setups slightly to suit your driving and driving standards. Enjoy s2 mate.

Matty
Huh yeah I got it working now but I see there is a lot of work to do. It's a real hardcore simulation and I was spinning like crazy. It's gonna take some practice to get it.
#9 - xtm
I would recommend practicing in XFG to get the overall feel of the game first and learn the tracks, then move on to XRG and XRT, and after that you should be pretty confident GTR cars might be just a bit too hardcore for 1st car

The first car you learned to drive in the real world wasn't a 500bhp slick monster, was it?
Quote :Total noob!

Quote :Online at: CTRA Race 1

Please learn racingrules and apply them, then you'll avoid trouble.
So I downloaded some easy racing setups from the setup section of the forum. I put them in the setups folder. How do I choose the setup when I am in the game?
They show up in the garage screen on the right side.
Quote from Speeder75 :So I downloaded some easy racing setups from the setup section of the forum.

Another good way to get setups is to ask the faster guys in the server, after the race.
Any decent people are more than willing to share.
Quote from The Moose :Any decent people are more than willing to share.

i don't think it depends on people being decent or not... most people share them because they didn't make them themselves. easy as that.
Quote from Bandit77 :i don't think it depends on people being decent or not... most people share them because they didn't make them themselves. easy as that.

Nearly everyone i know on CTRA share set's whether they made them themselves or not. They share for the joy of sharing

[mini rant] There is one team that just refuse. They drive like there is no-one else on the track and never share a set. I can't stand those sort of people. No community spirit.
I could understand not sharing special sets made for league races, at least until the race is run, but not sharing sets made for 10 min public races is beyond my comprehension.[/mini rant]
Well when I go to garage, on the right side I still have just my default setups (race, rallycross etc). Can't see any new setups there. How do I load them?
Do you setups have the three letter car code at the start of the name?

e.g.

XFG_setup name
FXO_setup name
Quote from JO53PHS :Do you setups have the three letter car code at the start of the name?

e.g.

XFG_setup name
FXO_setup name

Yes they have.
#19 - BURN
are you sure they are in "setups" folder or are they in "settings" ?

... need to be in setups

Edit : Welcome to LFS
Quote from BURN :are you sure they are in "setups" folder or are they in "settings" ?

... need to be in setups

Edit : Welcome to LFS

No, they are in setups folder. I don't have the settings folder anyway.

Well today I asked some users if they could send me the setups and they did, but I didn't know what to do next to be able to use those sent setups. Any tips are welcome.
first of all : Welcome to LFS!

To save setups online u should press "N" till u get the playerlist, then look for the green S next to the guys name who sent it and click it ; give the setup a name. Then u can load it from your garage (providing u are driving the same car as the player who sent his setup ofcourse )
To get ur sets working.. First make sure they are named right. Then make sure they are in the setups folder in Data. Then when in your garage make sure u are using the right car that u assinged that set to. So if I made a set call "XRT_BL1.set" it would only show up when I am in the garage with the XR Turbo.
Quote from The Moose : and never share a set. I can't stand those sort of people. No community spirit.

Isn't it realistic not to share sets?
Ha, just a little dig at the "it's this way because it's realistic like that"-ers.
Quote from The Moose :Any decent people are more than willing to share.

That was true for me, but unfortunately no one wants to share a set with me anymore after Patch Y
Quote from lizardfolk :That was true for me, but unfortunately no one wants to share a set with me anymore after Patch Y

Aww, I'll always share sets with you

Hehe, really, i haven't seen anyone refuse a set except members of one team. Strange bunch

Total noob!
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG