The online racing simulator
Omfg Help Please G25
(43 posts, started )
Omfg Help Please G25
im pissed right about now and im ready to break something. i go to install the profiler and it gets to the detection part and pops up a few screens to install. no matter if i click yes and no it still wont see my wheel. please please somebody help me im so fu*king pissed right now im gonna kill somebody lol not really but heading that way. please help asap.

edit: i already did the logitech troubleshooting. and my usb ports are working fine. and i try to use a different wheel or joystick under game controllers and it says on all of them that gameport is not configured properly. but idk wtf to do.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
peiceofshit.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
So, have you plugged in the power?
yes i have green power light and it see's the wheel sometimes.
Did you plug the G25 in BEFORE you installed the drivers on the CD? It clearly stated to insert the CD BEFORE plugging in the G25. I am assuming you plugged it in only because I see the MS Search for drivers thing that popped up. Other then this idea I don't know much more how to help you - I am assuming you have the G25 Plugged into the wall, and into the USB port at the time of running the profiler... But sometimes I assume to much...
Remove all drivers and try again from start. First the g25 driver install, THEN plug the usb in. My xp tries to offer some idiot driver install in the middle of the g25 driver install, but I just dont touch anything and it goes as it should.
so dont even plug it in till the end? i used the cd setup and got it workin but it showed the wrong wheel and could not set it up.
Quote from natedog420 :so dont even plug it in till the end?

The driver install tells you when to plug the wheel in. I managed to do the same mistake, being too excited about the wheel and skipping the instructions

Like pine-fin said, uninstall the drivers (control panel -> add/remove programs), start over following the instructions and have fun
ok everything unistalled restarted computer. then goto install again and i get to this part and it stops. you say dont do the windows installing part what pops up? been at this point for a few minutes now and bar is not moving. i plugged it in when it said connect the usb now then i hit next and i get this.

edit: then i get this when i close the windows install windows.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
untitled1.JPG
The same thing happened for me - I just pressed next after it didn't find my wheel. I went into the profiler and it detected it.

Just press next and see what happens - It worked for me
ok, lets start from the top .

1. Uninstall all drivers for the G25.

2. to go logitech and download latest drivers cause the ones on the disk are normally old.

3. UNPLUG ur G25 from ur computer.

4. Open up the logitech profiler install

5. Read through the welcome and agreement and such.

6. Read through Detection and at some point it will tell u to plug in ur G25 into ur USB port!!!!

7. It will then come up with that stupid green bar, you should of plugged in ur G25 about 1 or 2 steps ago.

8. Click on ur G25 when it finishes and then click next

9. don't touch anything as it callibrates, but read and click ur mouse yes or no.

10. The rest is straight forward...JUST read.

EDIT: LOL, I acutally think I did what Jo53phs did . Try the way I told u a couple more times, then just hit next after the detection even if it doesn't show up. Then go to controllers and open the logitech profiler. If it doesn't show up then restart ur computer and the G25 should callibrate when it restarts.
ok i do as it says and plug it in when it tells me. then it goes to detection screen and those pop up in the pic and the install goes no further unless i cancel them or go through installing them. either way it doesnt detect the wheel. i just finish install with no calibrate or anything cuz thats the only thing i can do. then it says that installed and ready to use pop up by the clock and i get nothing. right now im sitting at the detection screen and my light on the shifter is blinking. is that right or not?
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Whats with the clicking? I doubleclick the install.exe, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, I plug the g25 WHEN it says "plug the g25 to usb port", wait, wait, wait, wait, windows tries to install something, I ignore it and DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING, wait wait wait, wait, wait, install complete and everything works.
so if i just get to that screen i just wait. how long does it usually take. my computer is not slow in any way so thats not a problem. i sat at that screen 3 minutes and nothing happened. so i thought it wasnt workin again. but does it really take that long?
I dont know, less than 5 minutes? Maybe your xp is confused of the drivers. I would try to unplug g25 and remove drivers + reboot. Nothing else comes to mind.
Slap me if this is stupid, but does older 1. usb ports work with g25? I mean the 2.0 usb work fine, but how about older ports? Again, feel free to bitchslap
i have a biostar P35 motherboard its fairly new(8 months or so) so i dont think its the problem but who knows at this point. im stuck and pissed again cuz i wanna use the damn thing. lol
Try once more with extra patience. Then call customer service
im tryin right now with patience then if that dont work im hookin it up to my girls computer and gonna try it on there. if it works on there i have an issue with my board and drivers i would think. but if it dont work on that comp i dont know i guess i will call logitech.
ok it works fine on my girls computer i was racin around in lfs. but mine it still wont work for some reason. im gonna reinstall my usb drivers to see if that helps at all.
this is f*ckin gay. i hate this. im just gonna say f*ck it and order my new board and hope that works. i dont know what else to do so im gonna play on my girls pc for now
have u tried finishing the install even if ur PC doesn't dectect the wheel. Then after just reboot ur machine. Somtimes the profiler doesn't dectect the wheel, but after a reboot it will.
just tried what you said and that didnt see the wheel either. i dont know what to do. it works fine on the other pc with no problems at all.
Have you tryed all the USB ports? Maybe one of them has shorted and has died?

Idk, i have used my G25 on the PC in our games room, and thats an OLD rig. We purchased it about 3-4 years ago, so it most likely has an older board than yours, yet it can detect and use my G25.

Just go and check whether the USB port you are trying actually works.
works fine tested with my mouse. now im on my girls pc and its installed and workin great lmao. kinda sucks but i will have to test more but now i wanna race around. thanks for everybodys help i really appreciate it a lot. thanks

Omfg Help Please G25
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG