The online racing simulator
Driver Waving Animations?
(17 posts, started )
Can the devs implement the ability for the driver to wave the other driver behind him to pass?

I dont know if this is used in other racing but this is often used in NASCAR/ARCA.

The drivers would wave if their car has a problem and knows that they would cause unnecessary trouble to the car behind him or this would occur when there's a teammate willing to let the other car pass. It would also indicate that the driver ahead would be willing to let the car behind him pass if the car behind him can get up to him

This is no ABSOLUTELY necessary but it would be nice.
Quote from lizardfolk :Can the devs implement the ability for the driver to wave the other driver behind him to pass?

I dont know if this is used in other racing but this is often used in NASCAR/ARCA.

The drivers would wave if their car has a problem and knows that they would cause unnecessary trouble to the car behind him or this would occur when there's a teammate willing to let the other car pass. It would also indicate that the driver ahead would be willing to let the car behind him pass if the car behind him can get up to him

This is no ABSOLUTELY necessary but it would be nice.

just use one of the f# keys and use a message

You'd never see a driver's arm waving about through the window
Actually, single-seater drivers often do wave other cars through if the situation arises, but this is because they don't have indicators to convey messages. If you're in a tintop, use your indicators to show your intentions to the guy behind you, but I do think a waving animation for single-seaters only would be nice.

And you could press left and right together for a victory celebration too

Sam
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Dark Elite :

Sam

and do a Vittorio Brambrilla and crash into the pit wall
You know what, I was thinking exactly the same thing, because doing it at Blackwood came into my mind first. It'd be fun on the start-finish 'straight' there!

Sam
Hand signals are to be used to let other drivers know which side to pass on in the SCCA; it's common courtesy to wave to passed drivers as well.

They are quite visible in real life.
Quote from Dark Elite :Actually, single-seater drivers often do wave other cars through if the situation arises, but this is because they don't have indicators to convey messages. If you're in a tintop, use your indicators to show your intentions to the guy behind you, but I do think a waving animation for single-seaters only would be nice.

Sam

Yip - very often you'll find that in single seaters, and some open topped cars the drivers will raise their arm if their about to enter the pits - so that a following driver doesnt attempt to overtake on that side/can get out of the slipstream as the driver raising his arm is likely to be letting off the gas as he prepares to enter the pits.
(this is based on marshaling at Pit Entry/Deer Leap @ Oulton Park)
+1 if we are able to stick the finger out of the window *ggg* just to make our point clear

and i don't mean
There aren't enough buttons in my wheel to look around, use speed limiter, handbrake or ignition, let alone buttons to raise hand. However, that shouldn't be too hard to c0de to LFS.

And maybe another TrackIR to monitor where my hands are, so when I lift my hand IRL, it would do the same in LFS. Ok, that was actually a joke.
Driver waving animations ?

Only if they can be done like this or this
May I also suggest:

- Passengers puking under excessive g-forces.

- Middle-finger to be used on cruise servers.

- Extend arm outside of window as a wave movement. And if there's a crash with another car, the arm could be cut off and lie on the track, while the driver bleeds and screams from pain.
Quote from Lord Summerisle :
Uh whatever ... Cool username... just had to say that The Wicker Man is one of my favourite movies ... ever...

...and I don't mean the remake....
Quote from avellis :- Middle-finger to be used on cruise servers.

I'd think that they'd need the elbow-resting-on-door stance.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Driver waving animations ?

Only if they can be done like this or this

Or this?

Waving to the photographer

or this

Waving to a rival in a mocking type of way as you pass him in practice despite the other one having reliability issues or being on an outlap
Quote from avellis :May I also suggest:

- Passengers puking under excessive g-forces.

- Middle-finger to be used on cruise servers.

- Extend arm outside of window as a wave movement. And if there's a crash with another car, the arm could be cut off and lie on the track, while the driver bleeds and screams from pain.

Haha, In addition to the arm falling off, your view also goes fuzzy, and after a few laps your screen goes black, and you cannot pit/spectate rofl. Also when someone drives past your car, the driver is sitting there with no arm and his head on the wheel.
Hey, why shouldn't we have hand gestures? We have horn, hazard lights (ok, those I understand) and turn indicator as "extra useless features". However, you can use those to give information to other racers (Ok, you can use turn indicator instead of hand gesture to signal that you are going to pit, for example).
Quote from tristancliffe :
Waving to the photographer

That's the 'Royal Wave' is it ? "We are not amused"

Actually, if you've got that on vid, it'd make a really cool avatar.

On topic-ish, don't know about the rest of you guys, but i tend to pick my nose quite a lot when i drive, erm.... nasel hair, (you'll understand when you're older) Wouldn't that be cool though, if Scawen stopped all this silly physics coding nonsense and worked on something like that instead

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG