The online racing simulator
a possible use for credits ?
(5 posts, started )
before i start i'd like to admit i havent thought this through but i wanted to get it down whilst i had time / before i forgot (memory of a gold fish these days )

i'm sure we've all experienced the new driver who goes online and hasn't a clue about braking distances and causes mayhem. most of the time everyone makes allowances but sometimes you see them being banned

i have 2 suggestions

1, make it that you can only go online once you have gained so many credits, doesnt have to be very high just the equivelent of say 3 3rd places against 4 ai drivers at middle level of skill

2, two levels of demo servers, learners and experienced. back in the days when airattack was run on uk servers, we had a rookie arena were new pilots could go and learn without experienced players making it look like a falcon in a pigeon loft. back then it depended on admins to police but with LFS you could set 2 levels, up to x credits then you can only go on learner servers, more than x and you can only go on expeienced servers.

i'm sure there are plenty of reasons why it wouldn't work, server availability for one, but im just putting ideas up

feel free to set fire to me, have already covered my self in petrol, are standing on firelighters and can supply matches
Been suggested before. Overall conclusion is that it could be good at times... but for the most part, this would create a problem.

Beginner Servers and Expert Servers would be very unevenly divided, as most people would want to race friends on a specific server and one might not access it because of their credits. Also when people playing online is low, not a lot of people could play in one 'lump sum', it would be divided and most servers could be lacking players. A good driver could have lots of credits, but care less and want to go play on a Beginner server. Because the beginners need to learn from the faster drivers.

If you just have a server full of noobs, nobody will learn. And credits are easily obtainable, so any noob would be able to get credits, regardless of their skill. Credits are somewhat of an ancient cash in LFS, they really don't have a value or a purpose. Might even be taken out.
"No" to segregation - racing against experienced drivers is how I became less crappy
It's a good idea in theory I suppose, but would probably require too much policing, as the LFS community is so large and spread out over the world's timezones..

And as I've said before, credits should probably go the way of the dodo as they haven't had a purpose since S1 and just take up precious 1's and 0's
Will end up being like this....

thx Vari
*schumacher voted to ban J Button (1/19)

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG