The online racing simulator
Quote from SFL :The way I see it is that the green stuff is an extended curb and the curb is part of the track.

I agree with you. The coloured striped part is obviously the main curb and The bumps are there to make you not want to go over green stuff, as it will unsettle the car (same in f1) in F1 tho, it depends if it is a deliberate CUT, or just a mistake to whether or not they give a penalty, but in F1, the car will probably get ripped to pieces anyway.
Quote from samjh :
  • You are not allowed to gain an advantage by going off the track (example: if you exit a corner too wide and go off-track but end up overtaking someone in the process, then you will be penalised or required to relegate the position to the passed driver).

Unless you drive for ferrari.......
#28 - SFL
Quote from keiran :Curbs are not part of the circuit in any racing series I know of... the white lines define the circuit and their should be at least 2 wheels on the circuit at all times.

I've allways thought and been told that the curbs are part of the track. Apparently they aren't and then the green stuff offcourse aren't either!

Thanks everyone for clearing up my confused mind!

Then i guess i posted in the wrong section after all.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :IMO, that chicane needs to either be straightened out or (preferably) turned into a 90deg corner that you actually need to slow down for (would be a great passing opportunity following the long oval section). Been saying this since S2 came out, and I'm not alone on it.

I agree with changing the actual layout, just not "add more barriers to stop people from cutting". I don't really see the point of the current chicane since you can get a pretty straight line through it at full throttle. The 90 degree corner idea would work, but I think they should really just make it more of a chicane. Low quality mspaint picture attached.
Attached images
KY-fixed.JPG
IMHO the track for HLVC should be limited to at least two wheels in the white lines.
#31 - SFL
Quote from legoflamb :IMHO the track for HLVC should be limited to at least two wheels in the white lines.

That wouldn't really work on f.e. blackwood
Quote from SFL :That wouldn't really work on f.e. blackwood

Yes it would, people would just have to stay on... the track.
Quote from legoflamb :Yes it would, people would just have to stay on... the track.

Not for AI drivers, it won't. The AI always uses the run-off strips. Even the "show racing line" feature will try to direct you off the track.
Quote from samjh :Not for AI drivers, it won't. The AI always uses the run-off strips. Even the "show racing line" feature will try to direct you off the track.

Then that could be fixed too.

But the AI don't do hot laps do they?
Green is valid.

The bump strips are not.

HLVC invalid(object).

Good day
Quote from legoflamb :Then that could be fixed too.

But the AI don't do hot laps do they?

Well, not hotlaps per se (haven't tried putting AI in hotlaps yet). But they do qualifying and racing at least.

Being a demo racer, I haven't observed the AI on other tracks, but on Blackwood there are sections where they will always completely cross the kerb and drive on the run-off area.
Quote from The Radness :Green is valid.

The bump strips are not.

HLVC invalid(object).

Good day

It only says HLVC invalid(Object) when you hit a tyre thats on the bumpstrip, it's not because OF the bumpstrip.
My understanding is, - use the kerbs if you want/can do, but you must keep two wheels inside the white line.

Though I have seen many F1 races where they go completely outside the lines - therefore completely offtrack, which should be penalised IMO.
Quote from Polyracer :My understanding is, - use the kerbs if you want/can do, but you must keep two wheels inside the white line.

Though I have seen many F1 races where they go completely outside the lines - therefore completely offtrack, which should be penalised IMO.

There is a lot of need for discretion. Generally off-track excursions are only penalised if it is used to the driver's advantage. If they go off-track to avoid losing control or evade an incident, then it's usually OK, just as long as there is no advantage to the perpetrator.
Quote from samjh :There is a lot of need for discretion. Generally off-track excursions are only penalised if it is used to the driver's advantage. If they go off-track to avoid losing control or evade an incident, then it's usually OK, just as long as there is no advantage to the perpetrator.

Hmmm - example T1 at the AI ring, - used to be gravel but now is tarmacked, they all now go outside the line completely.

Sure no one has an advantage because they all do it, but does this excuse them all for breaking the rules?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG