The online racing simulator
Should I use skins online?
(7 posts, started )
Hi there!
I'm pretty new around here and do not have much (enough?) LFS time.
I race around public servers using stock plain colors, no skins on the cars (sometimes even plain white).

I have no tools for skinning except paint.net (if I spend some time to learn it) and very limited skills, so I do not think I'll be making my own skins in the near future. I also think no skin is better than an horrid looking homemade one.
When I can play I want to race, not draw or hotlap to build setups (shame on me!)

So this leads to the following question:
Do you fellow racers find that offensive (no skin - plain car)?

I checked the skins section but can not get to understand what skin I could download use and when, and I also would like stripped off skins (meaning more ascetic there, not the other kind of stripping ) rather than eye catching drifting stuff.
I thought to use team promotech skins but can not get hold of the team manager for his agreement

Thanks for your opinion
#2 - Bean0
Whichever you prefer is fine, although one unskinned car among a full grid of skinned cars tends to stand out a little.

A lot of the skins posted on the forums are free to be used publicly, if it states private or teamskin then obviously don't use it. Not everyone says that they are for public use though, so if in doubt ask the skinner.

All the skins on my site are public, and I know that all the ones Teaz-R has posted that include the actual skinfile are as well (He's said this before). There should be at least a couple between us that you don't find horrid
Quote from Mille Sabords :I thought to use team promotech skins but can not get hold of the team manager for his agreement

:chairfall

Go right ahead. I don´t think he has anything against it.
I wouldnt mind seeing 'blank' skins. Sometimes I get distracted by a nice skin.. i.e. a hot babe showing half of a boobie makes it diffucult to drive
Quote from pine-fin :I wouldnt mind seeing 'blank' skins. Sometimes I get distracted by a nice skin.. i.e. a hot babe showing half of a boobie makes it diffucult to drive

Like this?

:d
Quote from Mille Sabords : I thought to use team promotech skins but can not get hold of the team manager for his agreement

Hehehe that made me chuckle theres plenty of skins on this forum that are up there with the best. Just look about and see what takes your fancy

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG