The online racing simulator
Mcrae Gathering 2008
(8 posts, started )
Mcrae Gathering 2008
In the past few months since the sad passing of Colin McRae, feverish work has taken place behind the scenes to create a tribute from the Subaru community with the view of celebrating the life of a true legend. Now that official permission has been obtained from the parties concerned, McRae Estate, Jimmy and Margaret McRae and Prodrive, and approval for our plan been obtained from the relevent authorities, this is the time to release the details of what is planned.

An event taking place on the weekend of Aug 30th and 31st comprising of a convoy of Impreza's from Lanark, Colin's home town and Prodrive in Banbury. An overnight stop comprised of either camping for the hardcore or Travelodge/B & B's for the not so hardcore and a mass Subaru meeting on the Sunday at Prodrive in Banbury.

http://www.mcrae-gathering.co. ... n,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

If you want to know more or are intersted in tagging along - check it out on the above site.
Sounds like a cool idea, but surely they should be allowing all of the cars from his career?

Cause I'm a local (I went to high school in Lanark) and I demand it
Yeh but the Subaru community is organising it, they have done some amazing events in the past. Someone post a link to that massive convoy they did to visit this really poor kid who was seriously ill and loved Subaru's, I can't seem to find a link.
Quote from Dajmin :Sounds like a cool idea, but surely they should be allowing all of the cars from his career?

Cause I'm a local (I went to high school in Lanark) and I demand it

Unfortunalty - not all of his cars are availibile - they are not all owned by Colin or his family. Some of the Fords for example. Some were totally destroyed in accidents.

In the main, as QS says - this is being organised by the Subaru community (some prominant members)- so the focus is for Subaru's but it goes with out saying - Colin was more than a Subaru driver - and anyone wishing to pay there respects and join in the day is welcome - more than.

Other runs done - we the Lands End to John O'groats convoy for the Richard Burns Foundation - over 1000 cars involved over 2 days - in convoy along motorways - got a bit scarey at points covering 3 lanes of the motoway at ridiculous speeds.

Never thos has it been done is in this way - It will be a stunnign weekend.
I'd come along, but I'd need to pass my test, run back to Scotland and steal my mum's car Smile

Sounds like a cool event though. Make sure someone takes a lot of pictures and/or video!
Quote from Widdowmaker :this is being organised by the Subaru community (some prominant members)- so the focus is for Subaru's

No pun intended?
nice site, im lucky to have met colin for real 4 years ago Frown
Shame its quite far away or I might attend. Might see how things go, but I highly doubt it sadly.

Mcrae Gathering 2008
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG