The online racing simulator
time for the developers to check this lag/st...st...st....stutter?
hey all,

i dont think its just me, but it seems there is heaps of people experiencing lag of varying degrees.
i think the powers that be should maybe take a look and see if its a program prob. because it seems a bit off if we have to upgrade all our computers after spending $60 to get s2 patch y (24 squid to the poms)(i am one too just live in oz).

this is meant in good will as i love this game and being able to skin your own car is awesome no need for a ps3 up grade with this ( well not unless i get allowed on to more online races come on just be nice to a newbie racer!)

cheers

matt aka SlothSpeed
#2 - garph
Connection lag or are you talking about performance lag?

Cause LFS has to be the least taxing game I have, performance wise. If you have to upgrade your computer to run LFS then there is a problem already.
i'm talking races starting before screen appears and general stutter while driving mid corner or half way down a straight.
some times fine both on and off line some times terrrible some times good with 10 cars some times complete RR'S with only 4, even hot laps it seems to happen.

i'm just looking for answers is it the skins i'm running, is it my internet, is it my lap top (details in a previous post in this forum)
it just seems heaps of people are suffering what appears to be the same problems.

i just want to be able to drive with out mid corner stutter which ends up with me in the wall or worse online in the side/back of another fellow racer (not that i play much on line as most times i try i get "unable to get track info" (check previous post as well).

just seems this is hampering more than just me and it would be nice to get some idea of what is going on one way or the other.

cheers matt

Happy new Year to you all
Quote from slothspeed :i just want to be able to drive with out mid corner stutter which ends up with me in the wall or worse online in the side/back of another fellow racer (not that i play much on line as most times i try i get "unable to get track info" (check previous post as well).

Mid corner stutter is most likely to be caused by a shit graphics card that just can't keep up. Granted I've not seen the specs of your system, but if you're playing on a laptop this could be combined with the how the system is throttling the CPU.
#5 - garph
Take a look at what FPS you're getting when it's stuttering and what kind of FPS you are getting anyway, but from reading your other post I'd say the laptop is just not up to it.

The more that is on screen, cars, scenery, etc the worse it will get. The only thing you could try is lower the graphics settings and a lower screen resolution to give you as much FPS as you can.
Another thing you should try is when you decide to play LFS close down any unwanted programs running in the background. Also I found out that if any anti-virus software or windows update programs are downloading updates this can cause problems too. So turn off automatic updates for the duration of your time on LFS.

Everyone knows that LFS is very CPU dependant and if the Graphics adapter in your laptop isnt up to the job then it will drain more from your CPU. Before I upgraded my Graphics Card my CPU was running at 99% but now with my new card installed its down to 50% this is because the card has taken on more of the work to deal with the Graphics. But also try what everyone else has said in this thread too.

ATC Bandit
I just got back into this game on my new pc and the stuttering is driving me mad!!!

Its not a spec problem I have 4gb ram and 2 x 512mb sli graphics cards so what could it be?

No programs running in the background.

It used to run better on my old laptop.

I have no problems running more taxing games at full quality such as, COD4
Ok looks like I solved it, I had to turn the sli function of my graphics cards off. Bit of a pain as I have to restart everytime I want to change their settings

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG