The online racing simulator
Aston National Setup.
(12 posts, started )
Aston National Setup.
I am driving the FZR50 GTR on Aston National and being constantly slower than the other players, mostly because i am lacking top speed (at least i think so since all the other players are passing me at the straights). My laptimes are around 1.48 at best. I am using a setup i have found at setupfield which the user that posted the setup has done laptimes around 1.39 with. It is a high downforce setup which i find strange since i am being passed at the straights.
My question is, how do you setup your car for Aston national? Low downforce or high downforce?
And where can i find almost ten seconds using a high downforce setup like the one i am using?
Thanks for any insights on this...Smile
Doesn't sound like you are having setup issues at all, but more like lack of driving experience.

I suggest you watch WR, and pay attention to how the combo is being driven and try to improve from that. Your slower speeds during the straights is simply because your exit speed from previous turn was too slow.
Thanks for your reply r4ptor. I may be inexeprienced but at the long straight even if my exit speed was too low i should be able to get the car to exceed 245 km/h with the setup i use, the car stops accelerate when i have almost 400 meters until i start to brake, is not that a sign of a too high downforce setting?
Well, AS nat is a low DF track, around 4/10 or 3/9 front/back. I haven't tried it in Y yet though so i dunno what the changes with the DF and R3 tyres in Y are for the same sorta lap times. Are you sure it is a patch Y setup? but even so, if your only talking 48's then there is something wrong with your driving style/ a lack of experience rather than setup issues.

Edit: Thats not a patch Y setup since the gears are too short.
Thanks for your suggestions, better practice more then.. Smile
I agree with the posts above, it's not the downforce killing your time. Besides it's not on the fast parts of a track you can lose time, it's on the slow bits (i.e. bends) that you can easely lose a couple of tenths. The most critical parts of AS National are the 2 successive hairpins and the last chicane.
Quote from swimeye :the car stops accelerate when i have almost 400 meters until i start to brake, is not that a sign of a too high downforce setting?

That sounds very odd to me - especially if the poster/creator of the setup claimed that it can do 1.39. I just tried with "my" old patch X set, and reached 245km/h before the first bend (right after the grid). I haven't touched LFS for 3 months until recently, so I cant remember details, but it did seem like the car reached max revs a bit sooner - but not that much like you are saying.

The setup you downloaded is either a fake, or your driving is way off - can you upload a replay displaying a good lap of yours, please?
My experiance with ASNat (Baring in mind that I havn't really driven since I was mousing and that was years ago) is that it's a technique track . . . .From the chicane to the middle section, it's about getting your car through the twisty stuff. Next time your on track watch some of the fast guys. Keep an eye on their splits and corner speed and attack. You will find that their top speed will only be a few mph's quicker than you on the straight but where they make up the time is in the braking zones and corners. Practice, practice, watch then practice some more. It will come to you.

Oh, and don't be afraid to play the setup bud. If you feel the down force is too high then lower it (In my AsNat hayday i was running 3/7 front rear split. But hell knows what it would be now) So don't be afaid to change things to adapt to your driving style and attack.

Did I mention practice?

Go get 'em tiger
Thanks everybody, it is very encouraging discussing this with you, to become a great driver it is important to practice but also to learn from the pro´s i believe.

I have tried a lower downforce setting and it is not helping me much, so you guys were right, i have to be better at the more technical parts of the circuit.

Thanks again for your commitment...Smile
Great..thanks alot Smile
Hi Lotesdelere, many thanks for sharing your setups, but the conedodgers-site is not available atm Shrug (Just to inform you)

Love Hoshi

edit: site is working now, sorry for endowing confusion

Aston National Setup.
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG