The online racing simulator
#26 - Dru
Quote from LordBlaster :i don´t want so sound arrogant, but this happend a lot to me...

i do a mid-race join and try to set up a good lap for the next
race. i catch some slower drivers, they see me, pull over and
let me pass them...

but first i look at the position of the driver ahead and if he´s
fighting for the win or the podium i stay way behind him,
independent from his speed. some drivers get nervous if you
are big in the their rearview mirror, so i try to avoid this.

and when you stay behind, leave a larger gab, you can easily drive
a fast lap, next lap

Like most things in life, there are always more than one option

I tend to do the same LB, sometimes the guy infront wants you to go past and sometimes although you are much quicker you just slow down and not interfere with his race.
Quote from SamH :It sounds like you're describing a scenario where the slower driver is effectively retiring anyway, so there shouldn't be an issue. A driver whose car is damaged to the point where he's a danger or an obstruction on the track is expected to make his way to the pits anyway. I don't think there are many instances where the situation you're describing would arise, otherwise, so I would say that you should err on the side of caution and not overtake.

No, no, more like someone who has exited a corner particularly badly, or has a too-high-downforce setup or whatever, and so is slower than you on a straight - so it'd be perfectly safe to pass. They're still racing, but just at a considerably lower pace than you're driving at. What's the line on that?

Sam
As long as you don't interfere with their race at all, then you may do so, but as soon as you interfere with their race, you're in the wrong.
#29 - SamH
If the driver is letting you through, then go through. "no victim, no foul", as they say.

Remember that you're not on the track for any other reason than to stretch your LFS legs and, optionally, get a qualifying position. You should be exiting the pit at a time that provides you the most clear track possible, and since you're not in the ongoing race, you can comfortably afford to drop back from any car ahead of you to create clear track. If it's not working, give yourself a drive-thru to get a different position on the track. Don't forget that the pitlane facilitates this kind of strategy.

Most importantly, though I know it sounds harsh, mid-race joiners don't have any rights on the track.. and if a mid-race joiner doesn't like the fact that they're stuck behind a slow car, and none of the above remedies or options are working, the only other thing I can recommend is to press Shift+S.
What about rejoining the track under a blue flag?

I was on S05 or So5r the other day I forget what place I was in but I was near the front of the pack. Around the very sharp turn 3 in the xrg. Someone that was at least a lap down came out of the run off area and I ended up hitting him I ended up turned around and passed by quite a few people. After the race I told him not to rejoin the track under a blue flag. And at least 1 person told me "but that's not the rule".

On a track like south city with walls and not alot of track room. What should the rule be?
#31 - SamH
How did I miss that? I should have reported that fool he was driving like an idiot anyway.
Quote from dawesdust :As long as you don't interfere with their race at all, then you may do so, but as soon as you interfere with their race, you're in the wrong.

That was my thoughts too, but the rules made it seem like no matter how slowly a driver was going, or how safely I could pass him, I must never do so unless he's actually retiring from the race.

Thanks for clearing that up, it is actually how I thought it was, but it's worth checking anyway

Oh, by the way, the gender symbol on our MyCTRA page is pretty cool
Looks pretty tricky to implement as well, actually

Sam
#34 - SamH
Quote from SamH :Oh, by the way, the gender symbol on our MyCTRA page is pretty cool
Looks pretty tricky to implement as well, actually

Glad ya like! I thoroughly expect some people will be a tad annoyed. So far, there are 170 drivers on the CTRA who are using female driver models.. including our own UKCT..Nick!, who was a tad shocked to find the CTRA front-page talking about him as if he were his sister.

The driver model is what we're checking, to flag gender in the database, and it was a bit of a bugger to implement, too! .
Hahaha, well, that's what you get for playing with the female model

I saw that was what it worked off, and the really funny thing is that a day before it turned up, I looked at the frontpage and noticed the use of 'he' (I'm not really a big he/she make-no-assumptions person, but Becky made me think of the female CTRA population!) and it occured to me that the system had no way of distinguishing male and female racers... And voila! Telepathy in admins is always good, it saves me posting things

EDIT - I now live in permanent fear that somebody will quote me on "I'm not really a big he/she"

Sam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG