The online racing simulator
Reocurring LFS Crash
(5 posts, started )
Reocurring LFS Crash
I've been getting a reocurring crash with LFS recently. It's happened about 5 times since I got PatchY, so that's 5 times in a period of a couple of months.

What actually happens is this: If I start up LFS or alt-tab out, then re-enter, then the screen goes blank then appears with what looks a bit like TV noise, but this is with lines instead of mush. The screen goes greyey/bluey with these small lines all across it. The thing is, LFS and my computer still work fine as you can Alt+F4 out of the game, or Alt-tab in out and that will work fine. Even if you do manage to close the game, the screen is still not working, whatever you do. The only thing you can do is turn the PC off then back on again. And, before anyone says, yes my screen's plugged in properly. The fact that when you restart the PC without touching the screen cables and it works fine proves this point.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? I can't reconstruct the crash on command, it does it randomly which is quite annoying. It never did it before Y however, and I had that for well over a year.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Alt + Tab has never worked with LFS, but for me it only fills the dashboard with that TV noise.

Shift + F4 is a better way to get on the desktop without closing LFS.
Yeah. IIRC LFS can't "catch" the alt + tab, so it LFS is just suddenly minimized and it can cause unexpected stuff to happen.
Better just use Shift+F4 to switch to windowed mode if you need to get out of LFS without closing it.
The thing is though that it's not only happened as a result of alt-tabbing, it's done it when I've started it up a couple of times too. And it's only ever done it when I've alt-tabbed about twice, and I must have alt-tabbed about 3 million times in total.
#5 - Noccy
Try a few different graphics drivers and if that doesnt work underclock your memory and GPU by ~5% and see if the artifacts still appear

Reocurring LFS Crash
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG