The online racing simulator

Poll : Am i the most unlucy racer on CTRA?

Closed since :
No just coincidende i think
I dont realy know sorry
OMG you got some badluck!!!
Am i the most unlucky racer on CTRA
I wast just wonderinbg what you guys thought caus every single time every single race alsmost i get knocked of out of the races i did like 80% that happend to me

Ore i am victim of incidents of other drivers like a driver spins another one out and he hits me

Ore another case a a driver looses concentration hits barier after that spins wright into me,
and dont forget the famous turn 1 pile up at the ctra servers on south city always se to be near the crashes

Am i the most unluky racer

Greets Chris
Yea... Guess you're unlucky I mostly crash myself! ... Then you
Quote from sgt.flippy :Yea... Guess you're unlucky I mostly crash myself! ... Then you

UYup that when i say(godverdomme)
(goddammit)
I'd say, if you're fast enough, you start from the front of the pack and then you'll mostly get away pretty fine. I mostly start in the top 5 or something, I don't really experience that T1 mayhem. Although when I do start in a lower position, I get around it most of the time.

Tgaat hem om inzicht te hebben in de situatie!
I'd say you put yourself in too many risky positions. It really isn't that hard to avoid the smashes most of the time, you just have to read the cars a little better, and work out what might happen before it happens.
Quote from sinbad :I'd say you put yourself in too many risky positions. It really isn't that hard to avoid the smashes most of the time, you just have to read the cars a little better, and work out what might happen before it happens.

Good nice but what about the situation of yesterday where i brake and some morom keeps on drivin hrad raming me straigh into the pile again

Somehow i always seem to be the victim of oither drivers driving wreckles casu im always carrefull driver i wtach around me aqnd brake to avoid crashing but then comes the noob from behind
I know exatly how you feel.
It was the exact same for me when I was on the CTRA Race 1.

Try to race when they have a SO track. Start off slowly so you are left behind. Then as all the others crash and hit the walls and pit. You just cruise to points.

That's how I got my silver license.
I'd say its not only bad luck but also a lack of experience and knowledge of how to act in such situations...I haven't had much problems at T1s after I understood that there is no sense to rush in T1, you should let a "fighting" car infront or you both gonna end in the wall etc. Practice is the key
I learnt very early on (on Race 1 server) to just hang back at the start and let the idiots take each other out at T1.
You can just pick your way through any carnage and you usually have a bit of space between you and the leaders, enabling you to get a couple of fast clean laps in as you catch them up.
This way you have a good grid position for the next race, and can hopefully avoid the T1 heroes.
Is there anybody called Lucy registered at CTRA?

If not, you are as unlucy as everybody else, I guess.
Quote from zeugnimod :Is there anybody called Lucy registered at CTRA?

If not, you are as unlucy as everybody else, I guess.

just do a bit of slalom, quite fun.
Quote from The Moose :, and can hopefully avoid the T1 heroes.

Thats just briliant way to manshion them
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I wast just wonderinbg what you guys thought caus every single time every single race alsmost i get knocked of out of the races i did like 80% that happend to me

Ore i am victim of incidents of other drivers like a driver spins another one out and he hits me

Ore another case a a driver looses concentration hits barier after that spins wright into me,
and dont forget the famous turn 1 pile up at the ctra servers on south city always se to be near the crashes

Am i the most unluky racer

Greets Chris

I watched a few replays from yesterday, here is what I observed.

-You take a very odd race line in the first lap.
-you use your horn way too often. At one point you honked at no one.
-Having "CHRISUU OWNS YOU!" on the back of the car will only piss people off.
-You are too impatient, rather than waiting for someone on front of you to make a mistake, or for you to have a strategy you ride their rear, tap them and sometimes spin yourself out.
Quote from March Hare :I know exatly how you feel.
It was the exact same for me when I was on the CTRA Race 1.

Try to race when they have a SO track. Start off slowly so you are left behind. Then as all the others crash and hit the walls and pit. You just cruise to points.

That's how I got my silver license.

my strategy exactly!

Cool down drive calm with no exaggeration and that way you can earn slowly but syrelly score points!

only if u are sure enough give some pressure on!

also this strategy reflects at small and tight tracks,the larger ones have more recovery places!
well my opinion is that ctra should make a server CTRA 1 for S2 we will avoid most noobs there...
yeh well, on most servers theres some noob who just crashes the whole pack, ... ... ... some how?
:leb::leb::leb::leb::leb::leb::leb::leb::leb::leb:
Quote from jayhawk :I watched a few replays from yesterday, here is what I observed.

-You take a very odd race line in the first lap.
-you use your horn way too often. At one point you honked at no one.
-Having "CHRISUU OWNS YOU!" on the back of the car will only piss people off.
-You are too impatient, rather than waiting for someone on front of you to make a mistake, or for you to have a strategy you ride their rear, tap them and sometimes spin yourself out.

So thanks for tips and i wil remove the last bit of textr from the bumper wel the part that says owns you
Quote from mutt107 :well my opinion is that ctra should make a server CTRA 1 for S2 we will avoid most noobs there...

i dont think its a case of lincense rather than a case of practise as its been said above!

i am S2 and i had created crashes but almost every time tried to be polite let the others pass and calmly rejoin!
Also if i am the one to blame in a spin situation i instantly let the ''victim'' pass so that everyone enjoys a race and not be a nerve-braker
You're not alone, i'm one of those unlucky ones too. My yellow flag ratio is something like 22%, yet I can keep up with the fast guys on CTRA 2 like teaz-r and co when fortuna gives me a nice time. But mostly I get bumped at the start and am the only one ending up facing the barrier.. I'm just glad that i kept my silver licence from STCC, otherwise i would have been stuck in CTRA 1 forever
Quote from Chrisuu01 :So thanks for tips and i wil remove the last bit of textr from the bumper wel the part that says owns you

Just remember that there are some who take this game WAAAAAY to seriously, and the CTRA races are full of them. Myself, I think your real bumper text is cute and harmless, but for some, you might as well put "I f***ed your mother last night, she's as wide as a ditch".

Some things just set people off, the word "owned" is one of them.
Quote from jayhawk :Just remember that there are some who take this game WAAAAAY to seriously, and the CTRA races are full of them. Myself, I think your real bumper text is cute and harmless, but for some, you might as well put "I f***ed your mother last night, she's as wide as a ditch".

Some things just set people off, the word "owned" is one of them.

Whel il just ignore those people then
and let them be their stupid self

But stil changeed the bumper to be les ofencife fort ome lifeles idiots on CTRA so they wont ram me
Quote from jayhawk :Just remember that there are some who take this game WAAAAAY to seriously, and the CTRA races are full of them.

I think you'll find that why a lot of people race on CTRA...because they want some serious racing within as professional an environment as your going to get on public servers.
That is after all what the CTRA's aim is.

I have loads of fun chatting on Ventrilo with my team and fellow racers, but the racing itself i take seriously.

I don't see that as a negative thing, like you seem to be indicating.
Quote from The Moose :I think you'll find that why a lot of people race on CTRA...because they want some serious racing within as professional an environment as your going to get on public servers.

I have loads of fun chatting on Ventrilo with my team and fellow racers, but the racing itself i take seriously.

Ditto the above. To take it seriously doesn't mean I cry if I lose and shout it from the rooftops if I win either. It means that I respect the competition- it's a race so race properly or just don't bother being there.
Quote from The Moose :I think you'll find that why a lot of people race on CTRA...because they want some serious racing within as professional an environment as your going to get on public servers.

I believe you may have misinterpreted me. There is a passion for doing all things well, then after that becomes obsession. I see a lot of obsession. People who get very bent out of shape if the smallest occurrence ever happens to them, or God forbid, all the cars, all the others vying for first place, do not move out of persons way, and I am not talking about lapping other drivers. You may not see this, but since I always find myself in the middle of the pack I observe a great of obsessive behavior.

How many times have you seen someone get spun, then during the whole race they either sit off to the side of the track bemoaning their fate, or go out of their way to exact revenge? Why?

-Were they injured?
-Were they killed?
-Did race spectators occur injuries or death?
-Did the player lose money?
-Did they player lose their job as a driver?

See? Again, it is one thing to have a passion for an objective, it is quite another to obsess, to the point that it controls your every action.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG