The online racing simulator
2 racing sims need advice
(15 posts, started )
hey guys i have been checking out new racing sims l8ly and found 2 games Richard Burns rally and GT legends, now i played the demo of GT legends and found the game to be very realistic execpt for a few little things correcting from a slide was impossible unless i maxed the steering lock in setups :P

i would really like any input on these 2 games :P
Richard Burns rally is the best rally game released. It's hard, its stressful and very realistic. It's like the Grand prix Legends of the Rally world. Some get put off by its high level of difficulty, they can get bored/frustrated, but it is a good and immersive game if realism is your thing.
If you like more playability/arcade game nature then avoid it.
If you have knowledge of Rally Legends and Colin McRae, I'd say its more like a pure sim version of RL, whereas CMCrae is more of a playstation/Xbox game experience. RBR is unplayable without a good wheel/pedals, imo.
well the only other good rally game i played befor was rally trophy dose RBR support use of the DFP and the act-labs pedals /shifter combo?

this Rally Legends game got a site for it i did a google seach and couldent find it

ps oppz forgot about the search function :P
Quote from MAD3.0LT :this Rally Legends game got a site for it i did a google seach and couldent find it

I think Al just meant Rally Trophy
Quote from MAD3.0LT :well the only other good rally game i played befor was rally trophy ...

I loved Rally Trophy. for some reason it won't run on my computer anymore though.

speedfreak227
yer rally trophy was a awesome game pitty i couldent get the FF setting right still got the game here :P
Quote from al heeley :Richard Burns rally is the best rally game released. It's hard, its stressful and very realistic. It's like the Grand prix Legends of the Rally world. Some get put off by its high level of difficulty, they can get bored/frustrated, but it is a good and immersive game if realism is your thing.
If you like more playability/arcade game nature then avoid it.
If you have knowledge of Rally Legends and Colin McRae, I'd say its more like a pure sim version of RL, whereas CMCrae is more of a playstation/Xbox game experience. RBR is unplayable without a good wheel/pedals, imo.

hate to bring back an old topic, but isn't lfs harder then GPL?
Quote from atlantian :hate to bring back an old topic, but isn't lfs harder then GPL?

Download the demo, put it on Grand Prix level and see if you can finish a race. Then comeback in here and tell us which you think is harder
which is more realistic? i hear that people say that the physics are glitchy, but thanks for the link
Quote from atlantian :which is more realistic? i hear that people say that the physics are glitchy, but thanks for the link

Wow that arguments being going on for 5 years or more . and i ain't gonna continue it here. Hanksters post in that other thread summed it all up though.

Not sure what you mean when you say glitchy ?

GPL ain't easy, i'd say it's a lot harder to pick up and play than LFS is, but is just as rewarding when you do get the hang of it. LFS has very good tyre physics whilst GPL has non. But GPL has a better damage modelling (e.g it's very easily blow the engine up if you drive like an ape, or loose a wheel or two in a light-ish crash) and you will coz we all did at first.

The best thing to do is get the demo and try it for yourself and see what you think. + there's a great GPL community over at the RSC, very helpful and patient, esp with newbies
GPL is a must have, it is the daddy of race sims. Its online code still works very well, its replay system isn't even approached by any other game or sim, and you get cars and tracks that nobody would consider driving these days. From a purist racing point of view you have it all; lots of power, and lots of scary bends.

The 66 mod might be a bit more accurate than the 67 when it comes to the tyres. GPL feels very natural and the car dances around. It most certainly HAS a decent tyre model, simple but doing a better job than most sims today!

People who haven't experienced the thrill of going sub 8 minutes on the Nurburgring haven't live... umm. simmed!
Quote from MAD3.0LT :well the only other good rally game i played befor was rally trophy dose RBR support use of the DFP and the act-labs pedals /shifter combo?

RBR supports everything you'd have in a real rally car (ie. wheel, 3 pedals and a sequential shift) the force feedback is fantastic. There are some third party mods to allow H-shifters though if you really want to use them but you should have your hands full already

Quote from atlantian :which is more realistic? i hear that people say that the physics are glitchy, but thanks for the link

GPL has a fairly simple physics model compared to modern sims but it makes the most of it and shouldn't be overlooked, if you simply look at the potential features of a physics model you'd conclude that the ISI model is far better than LFS or RBR but the truth is that with more features more things get overlooked and bodged.
#14 - halo
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :
People who haven't experienced the thrill of going sub 8 minutes on the Nurburgring haven't live... umm. simmed!

exactly
I love RBR. And the fact that you can pick up a copy for like £3 from Amazon means I keep recommending it to anyone I can find.

GTL though I can't say much about. I only played the demo and that was on my old computer, so the frame rates were horrible. But going by what the LFSers say (and I trust them when it comes to sims) it's pretty solid. But Starforce will always put me off.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG