The online racing simulator
When should one think about joining a team?
(15 posts, started )
Hi,

Although I've had my S2 licence for a while, I've only started playing the game in earnest since christmas, when I got a new wheel as a pressie.

When it comes to joining a team, what level should a driver be at? I'm currently concentrating on BL GP, in an XFG, and my PB is 1.39ish. I know I'm 5 secs off the pace, but I also know that practice will get me faster, and I am only really racing for the last week or so.

My questions is, at what stage should I be seriously thinking about a team, and what are the benefits? I dont want to be an embarrasement to a team, or myself, by jumping in too soon

I await your thoughts
It depends what you want from a team. There are teams that are very competitive and enter the big leagues and there are teams that are just some friends who race together and don't care about laptimes at all.

If you want to join a competitive team you obviously should wait until you have gained some experience and are an above average driver.

If you want to join a team that just wants to have fun you don't have to wait at all as long as you are driving cleanly.
You have to wait until your brain has mostly dribbled out of your ears and you find other men in their underwear strangely arousing. I'm surprised Zeugnimod didn't mention these two important criteria - his team insists on both.
#4 - Nobo
You should think about joining a team, when you have found a bunch of guys / team you like racing with.

Or if you want a "blind date", just join one of the random teams you find and which advertise in this subforum
ants:

I saw his grammar and punctuation and realized he has too much brain left inside his head so I just didn't mention it.
#6 - Dru
Quote from CR1972 :

My questions is, at what stage should I be seriously thinking about a team, and what are the benefits? I dont want to be an embarrasement to a team, or myself, by jumping in too soon

I await your thoughts

If you are thinking like this ie, you don't know what the benefits are and you are not feeling like you are missing out on them, then there is no need too try and join a team at this stage

There is nothing in LFS that says you must be in a team, and there is nothing to say that you don't need to be in a team.

So people are happy playing on their own and some are happier playing in groups.... at the end of the day its completely personal preference.

IF you did want to join a team, then you have to look at whether or not you want to try and enter a team with little or no experience or it is to practice and practice and try going to another team.

But at the end of the day, it is about the people that are in the team that makes it enjoyable.

Its the same as being in a server where it is enjoyable to drive.... thats more enjoyable than driving around in a bunch of skins with people you don't know or can not relate too or have a social bonding just because you like the idea of being in a team.

Basically its horses for courses and there is no real right or wrong answer....... expect for stay away from drift and cruise teams
Seeing as my actual driver name starts with CR, maybe the CR team would be a good move eventually?

Thanks for your insights. I've been asked if I want to join a team already, having spent a few nights racing on their server. They were nice guys, and helpful, and I enjoyed racing there, despite being a lot slower than them .

Ultimately, I want to be competitive on the track, but fair. I consider myself a good driver "out there" in the real world, and want to continue in that vain in here. Fast, but Fair is my motto!

Quote from CR1972 :Ultimately, I want to be competitive on the track..... Fast, but Fair is my motto!

Well you have a great attitude imo. You should have no problem finding a decent team Good luck.
CR , i see the potential we need potential Drivers in the black rebels racing drop me a pm
#10 - Dru
Quote from Dennis93 :CR , i see the potential we need potential Drivers in the black rebels racing drop me a pm

Sry but CR|Dru and CR|Moose are already in a team

Nice try thou
Quote from Dru :Sry but CR|Dru and CR|Moose are already in a team

Nice try thou

He was obviously talking to CR1972...
#12 - Dru
Quote from Dru :Nice try thou

^^ this means i do know that

me no fink u iz fun
Quote from thisnameistaken :You have to wait until your brain has mostly dribbled out of your ears and you find other men in their underwear strangely arousing. I'm surprised Zeugnimod didn't mention these two important criteria - his team insists on both.

Oh my goodness, LMFAO, that's when I decided to join HR...how did you know?...StableX posted a picture of himself in his undies, that was it I had to apply.

You should be on telly Kev
Team KA is always looking for members

but an event is on now, so if this time doesn't suite

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG