The online racing simulator
clutch deadzone probelm
(8 posts, started )
clutch deadzone probelm
I have two logtitech momo racing wheels and i use the pedals from the second contoller as a clutch. I had connected both wheels into the computer and set up the clutch pedal on the second controller in lfs. however, i am having a problem where the clutch wont engage in the car untill i release the pedal about 25%. I can move my foot quite a bit and get no response from the car, which means i only have 75% of the pedal motion to control the clutch. I am just wondering, has anyone else had this problem, or could it just be the fact that i have two contollers plugged in at once? i have tried numerous times to calibrate it, and i have set the clutch to all four separate pedals that i have, and still have the same problem any help would be great, thanks

edit: i notcied that when im in the menus and i move the pedal, the blue bar at the bottom right of the screen moves exactly with the pedal, just like it should. it seems that its only in-game that the clutch is unresponsive in the upper range of the pedal
It just is like it should. Clutch acts like that in real cars. If you just think about the basic mechanic of clutch, you know why. IE. my own car IRL, has a big "deadzone", clutch takes contact only when pedal is lifted almost to the upper position. Exactly it contacts on too high position, but don't mind about it, it's weared, I just need to change it.

When you have a good clutch, car starts to go forwards when the pedal is somewhere in the middle and fully engages when you just lift it bit more. It would be stupid if the clutch would slip on almost every position.

BTW racing clutches are very sharp, it is hard to slip them and slipping them would destroy them very fastly.

And oh, clutch in LFS is way too smooth and easy to slip in the new Y version, most real cars have sharper clutch.
finally an answer lol yes I totally agree. It does make sense for the clutch not to engage right away when thinking about the mechanics of it. The only thing im confused about is why the blue clutch bar has full range in menu screens but not in-game......
Quote from eric1123 :The only thing im confused about is why the blue clutch bar has full range in menu screens but not in-game......

Oh, I didn't get that when you first said that. That's weard, I don't know... Maybe I'll check how it looks in my game. I just don't like to keep those bars on ingame, theyre kinda useless imo...
well i made a quick youtube video to illustrate the problem. Its really starting to get on my nerves now because it makes it quite difficult to accelerate smoothly from a stop. Notice in the video the difference in the relation between the "slider 0" axis and the blue clutch bar first in the menu, and then in-game.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-fbwIHz-5YQ
thanks ill try it, but im pretty sure its not a calibration issue. Ive tried calibrating them with no luck, and i have even tried using the same clutch pedal for gas and brake and it then works fine. Any pedal i set to the clutch has this problem
Few days ago I was checking some options in LFS and if I remember correctly axis in game does that same. But it's not a problem, you've just gotta learn how to use clutch... I can't say how sharp it feels for your foot, but I myself still think that how clutch feels in Y version is too smooth.

clutch deadzone probelm
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG