The online racing simulator
Idle Reports?
(10 posts, started )
Idle Reports?
Quote from LordBlaster :enter lfs and raise your $report correctly (or it will be dismissed).

A few of my reports have been static for a week or ten days now, but they don't say DISMISSED. Instead it says UNDER REVIEW, but I've never had it say that for more than a few hours.

Have they been dismissed? If so why? If I didn't do something correctly I'd like to know so I don't repeat it.
Quote from Lateralus :A few of my reports have been static for a week or ten days now, but they don't say DISMISSED. Instead it says UNDER REVIEW, but I've never had it say that for more than a few hours.

Same here. For a report from 1st January.
I think they have a backlog from the Christmas period, so reports are taking a little longer to deal with.
As far as I know, 'Under Review' means the report in question has been assigned to an admin and is awaiting review from that admin. So, I guess you've both had reports assigned to the same admin, and that admin has a bit of a backlog going on. I remember having a couple of Under Reviews for a week or so too.

Doesn't sound like an error in the system, anyway.

Sam
#5 - SamH
Yep, "under review" means that a report is assigned to an admin, or is being passed between admins.

We're still working our way through the Christmas backlog, or the after-effects of it anyway. We should be fully up to speed this week, especially with the extra time we have at the weekend. We are checking new reports and prioritizing reports of direct or malicious wrecking, though those instances are rare.
Quote from SamH :
We're still working our way through the Christmas backlog

Cool, thanks for the info.
Quote from Lateralus :Cool, thanks for the info.

Yep, in other words we don't have the time, hopefully this weekend.
Quote from SamH :Yep, "under review" means that a report is assigned to an admin, or is being passed between admins.

I can imagine a situation where a report towards the end of a long race is constantly thrown from one admin to the next

But, even though I haven't reported anyone recently, thanks for keeping us informed - I won't press the button unless it's something really serious now, to give you guys a chance to catch up

Sam
#9 - SamH
Quote from Dark Elite :I won't press the button unless it's something really serious now, to give you guys a chance to catch up

Noo.. if someone needs reporting, report them. We're not over a barrel, it's just been a slightly unusual time for the admins, but we can cope with the reports.

If people were to do anything different right now, to help us, then just try to give more information about the offence to help us find the issue in the replay.. eg. make sure you tell us which lap we're looking for, or even which lap and corner, or which drivers the issue is between etc. In quiet times, we can easily cope without being told which lap, or even what the probelms is. In busier times, the more info we can get when we begin processing the report, the easier it is for us to process it
Well, I'm a perfectionist at the best of times, and if someone makes a few bad, unconsidered moves in a single-seater I'm liable to reach for the report button... The heavier consequences of buggering around in a single-seater should, in my opinion, lead to higher standards, but apparently not everyone shares this view :rolleyes:

But I do always try to give as much detail as I can, so I'm glad to hear such things are appreciated and do make a difference to your workload

Sam

Idle Reports?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG