The online racing simulator
Outlap timed at over 1 hour
(5 posts, started )
#1 - t1ger
Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes, and I have not worked out the circumstances yet, an outlap can be timed at over 1 hour. It seems to be 1 hour plus the time it took you to get around and start your lap. In general it seems to be after you have been connected to a server for a while and not done a lap for a bit. The server in question was in Practice mode (ie 0 laps) at the time. I tele-pitted and did another outlap and again the time was over 1 hour. I had to leave the server and join again for it to behave again.

As far as I know, it should always be 1 hour as per this post by Scawen. He does mention that in a non-compatible patch he may add another packet so the lap is counted but the time is not registered. Does anyone know about this? I can't find any reference to it in Insim.txt.

Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment, I just wanted to ask around. (I have searched as well, although the secret of searching is "what" to search for )

Thanks in advance!

Tim
that usually only occurs if you haven't got a PB on the track currently selected....
#3 - t1ger
Quote from teedot :that usually only occurs if you haven't got a PB on the track currently selected....

Not in this case though, as I had been on the server for some time and it had been ok, and I had set my PB either earlier in the session or on an earlier day.

Thanks for the idea though

Tim
ah damn, that is odd then... sorry i couldnt be of any help
#5 - t1ger
Quote from teedot :ah damn, that is odd then... sorry i couldnt be of any help

But, you have seen this before then? Did you prove, beyond doubt, that it was caused when you did not have a PB?

EDIT: for completeness, I have not found an answer to this and have changed my routine to look for all laps over 1 hour instead of exactly 1 hour. I know technically, this is not the answer, because someone *could* really spend over 1 hour getting around 1 lap, but the chances of this are slim.

Tim

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG