The online racing simulator
Controller and Wheel
(10 posts, started )
Controller and Wheel
...Running together.
I found a Logitech Dual Action Controller and have attached it to my PC, because I want to use it to add some extra buttons and binds to LFS. However, whenever it is attached it puts the throttle and brake half way, and my Wheel doesn't respond at all. Can profiler only take one device at a time or am I doing something wrong?
Okay, to make this issue clearer: I have a controller and a DFP connected. Both are powered by Profiler. The problem is, the wheel dosen't respond when the controller is plugged in; and LFS says "two controllers detected".

To expand the issue more: When I connect the controller after the wheel, the wheel works; but the controller doesn't. Then when I select the controller in profiler, the controller takes control and the wheel no longer works.

Is it possible to install 2 Profilers? I tried and failed because Profiler doesn't let you choose the directory of the installation.
I guess the problem is the Profiler. I never used Profiler and I use 3 controllers at the same time just fine (FF EX + Formula GP (used as clutch pedal) and Logitech Attack 3 Joystick (not really using it in LFS, just on other games))
I can only echo what Art said above. I've had up to 6 controllers attached and working at the same time without any problems. These were :-

2 PSX controllers via an adaptor
Saitek X52 Pro joystick via USB
CH Yoke on gameport
Logitech DFP and Logitech Wingman Force joystick, both on USB

So if there were going to be any problems it would have been with the two logitech chappies, but no, no problems at all.

But, i never ever use any profilers at all, infact i always go into MSconfig and stop them from loading at boot up, come to think of it that may be the problem. Try it see if it helps.
But if you choose to not put it in the profiler it doesn't detect seperate pedals, right?

btw: MAYBE you can swap the things (assuming both are USB) not sure though, because I don't know anything at this.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :But if you choose to not put it in the profiler it doesn't detect seperate pedals, right?

no
Thanks everyone.

Quote from Mazz4200 :I can only echo what Art said above. I've had up to 6 controllers attached and working at the same time without any problems. These were :-

2 PSX controllers via an adaptor
Saitek X52 Pro joystick via USB
CH Yoke on gameport
Logitech DFP and Logitech Wingman Force joystick, both on USB

So if there were going to be any problems it would have been with the two logitech chappies, but no, no problems at all.

But, i never ever use any profilers at all, infact i always go into MSconfig and stop them from loading at boot up, come to think of it that may be the problem. Try it see if it helps.

I always thought that disabling the Logitech profiler stopped the DFP from working; but I'll find out...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Thanks everyone.

I always thought that disabling the Logitech profiler stopped the DFP from working; but I'll find out...

Don't think so...The only extra thing that Profiler can do compared to Controller's settings is mainly putting scripts and combos on buttons and diffirent game profiles (which never worked for me. doh?) so I never used it...

Just try running without Profiler...

DFP works on PS2 without any software so I don't think it will be hard for it to work on PC without help of mightly Profiler
Thanks guys for your help; I'll tell you how I eventually solved the problem:

I went into the Axis options of LFS, and discovered that the controller had been made the default of all axes. So I changed the axes for steering, throttle and brake to the ones that were controlled by the wheel and it worked! Now both the wheel and controller work in perfect harmony

It still works when profiler is running as well.
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Don't think so...The only extra thing that Profiler can do compared to Controller's settings is mainly putting scripts and combos on buttons and diffirent game profiles (which never worked for me. doh?) so I never used it...

Just try running without Profiler...

DFP works on PS2 without any software so I don't think it will be hard for it to work on PC without help of mightly Profiler

The message profiler says is "controllers will quit functioning properly". It was lying! The controllers still worked with it running. I'll keep Profiler though, because its scripts are simpler than LFS's. (Yeah I'm lazy)

Controller and Wheel
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG