The online racing simulator
what Game are you realy hanging out for?
(35 posts, started )
ive got 3 i cant wait to get my hands on and play for days on end

deus x 3 (please be better then number two no:1 was just too good of a game to beat a second time please do it the third)

LFS s3

and the new DUKE NUKEM! (ive still got the original with the joystick it came with in storage in auz)

thats what i realy want to see so what do u guys want i know duke will be one of many peoples !
Duke Nukem Forever gives it away completely in the initials...
DNF= Do Not Finish! I reckon that it will never, ever be released, and if they DO manage to finish it, it will be something like 10 years out of date running on a 1Gb Duron with DX7 gfx!

I have heard good things about SPORE..that might be fun, and there is always the possibility of an updated version of ArmA, preferably bug free!
While on the subject of bugs..TDU 2 is in production! ROFL!!!! Might be an idea if they get TDU 1 working first!
I really hate to say this, but Duke Nukem Forever is a joke, and always has been. Yes, I know there is a new 'trailer'... I know, I know. Doesn't mean there is an adapted engine, a concept or even a single weapon or level made. It's just a stretched out joke by the 'developers', whom are trying to find out how long they can keep getting media attention by releasing a 'trailer' every 3-4 years or so.

Developing games costs money, and developing a game for 11 years (or however long they've pretended to work on the game) costs more money than they would want to spend on a project which has managed to produce a 30 second teaser trailer with outdated graphics and no gameplay. It's not coming out, I'm sorry.

However, to answer your question: I look forward to Spore a lot, although the constant delaying of that game is also starting to become... annoying.
Yeah, but I've been waiting for DN:F since they announced it in like '99. I've stopped thinking about it.

Smash Bros Brawl is going to own the Wii world, I'm looking foward to that.
Alan Wake - that also sounds good, although there's been no news for ages.

Spore I was interested in until they announced it was going to be unbelievably dumbed down. So I'll decide on that one when the reviews start coming in.
At the moment, WoW: Wrath of the Lich King. Although it seems like that means you need to have at least a level 70 player to even use the death knight class
None at the moment.

Except possibly Arma 2. But it's a long wait as it'll be playable after a year of patching following the release date if Bohemia keep sticking to their guns.

Concerning Live for Speed... I don't think S2 full will bring much more new content to the table so I've just prepared myself for another long wait.
Fuel of war or some thing? battlefields? cant remember but it looks cool
Well, if Arma2 is released this year it probably won't be playable till late 2009/early 2010, so hopefully Operation Flashpoint 2 will be finished this year. If not then the best i can hope for is they drop the price of VBS2 by a couple of hundred quid or more

Other than that i'm not entirely sure what's scheduled for release this year, any decent racing sims ? FS11 ? dunno ?

edit: just noticed Spanky's already mentioned Arma2....(well, who the hell reads the whole thread anyway ?)
Don't know if GTA4 will make it to PC this year, maybe not. Nice to see GTA finally get 21st-century poly counts. Hopefully they'll have made some changes to the gameplay too.
Spore and GTA 4
Quote from thisnameistaken :Don't know if GTA4 will make it to PC this year, maybe not. Nice to see GTA finally get 21st-century poly counts. Hopefully they'll have made some changes to the gameplay too.

I've seen no where online that mentions the release for a PC version.

Didn't it take a while after the console release for the other GTA's to come out for PC?
Quote from beefyman666 :I've seen no where online that mentions the release for a PC version.

Didn't it take a while after the console release for the other GTA's to come out for PC?

Yeah. I suppose the console Tsars like to insist on a certain period of exclusivity. I'm not too bothered so long as it arrives on PC eventually. The others did, so I'd be surprised if this one doesn't.
Traditionally, GTA's are released for console in the 2nd half of their financial year, and announced for PC at the start of the next. But they're breaking trend this time, as the conosle release got pushed back so far. Wonder what they'll do about it.

I'm waiting for GTA4 & Burnout Paradise at the moment.
Usually takes about 6 months for it to get to the PC. I will be getting it for my 360 first, apparently they will have DLC for it, like extra missions and storys.
#16 - mr_x
GTA4 and Burnout Paradise... 2 games I bought an xbox 360 for.
Mafia 2, GTA4, Alan Wake and if it's true then Max Payne 3 as well.
Oh yeah, Mafia 2! I forgot about that. First one was great. The trailer for 2 is classic
But with Alan Wake being done by the Max Payne team I don't think MP3 will be any time soon. But I love that series too. It just needs longer stories.
Because I am a little bit oldskool, I would (still) wait these games:
- Deus 2
- Slicks 2
- Tie Fighter 2
- Warcraft I official addon (MOAR mapz!!!11)
#20 - joen
Besides the obvious new releases for LFS I am really looking forward to Alan Wake, which seems totally my cup of tea. It will probably be a long time before it's released though and it has become a Vista only release, which sucks as I have no plans whatsoever to switch to Vista.
Im waiting for and have been for some time - the new Elite - some of you may know it as Frontier or Frontier Elite.

http://www.iancgbell.clara.net/elite/

Probably the first space trader "sim" out there back in the days of the Acorn Electron and BBCB, when pc's were black and white or Green and White Screens.

Elite as it is now is in development for a modern release - somewhere- but there is on going legal wrangling between the origional writers.

Arma 2 is another I am waiting for.
Aside from LFS, Im really looking forward to Black Shark, a hyper realistic Russian helicopter gunship simulator based on the KA50
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

other than that I guess GTA4 would have to be up there and Armed Assault 2.
Gt5
Left 4 Dead looks like being a great game.

4-player co-op zombie terror game, with the zombies placed by an AI director, so it (ideally) never stagnates and always keeps you on your toes.

http://www.l4d.com/
Yes I will agree, Leaf 4 Dead is a game I am looking forward to as well as Spore. I am also keeping an eye out on the new Stalker Chernobyl game which should be great.

(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG