The online racing simulator
where do the skins download too?
(17 posts, started )
Ive tried putting them from skins to skins y and skins dds but i cant get them to show up inthe game. any ideas? ive ran the setup converter and there fine just no new skins are showing up
moved to correct forum section
no one?
#4 - garph
What file format are they, jpg or dds?
in the skins_Y folder they are a mix of .col .jpg and .dds
.col files should be in the data/colours directory.
are the Skins and Skins_x still in use, and when you join a game and it says Downloading skins where do they download too?
The downloaded skins arrive at skins_x (low res) and skins_y (high res) but the automatically downloaded skins are not intended for your own use. You should normally just let LFS handle those folders - really they are just data folders to cache the skins you encounter online.

The skins you can select are usually in the skins_dds folder. That is, unless you select to use uncompressed skins, in which case you can see the skins in the skins folder.

If you download a skin jpg from a website (sych as this forum) just put it in the skins folder, it is automatically converted to dds and you will be able to select it in LFS. If you move an automatically downloaded skin from the skins_x or skins_y folder, it is a dds file so you must put it in your skins_dds folder to select it in game. But be careful, they are often other people's skins and some people may get angry if you use "their" skin. It's safer to just download jpg skins from websites where people have said that the skin is for public use.
right theres 2976 dds skin files in my skins_dds folder but there still not showing up in the game, any ideas?
Didn't you understand what Scawen said?

You really should only use skins you can download somewhere . Do not copy them from skin_x or skin_y folder (you wouldn't know if it's a private skin or not).

You can find great skind on this forum or
http://skinnerz.proboards26.com/index.cgi
www.lfssdb.com

Just save the skins in the skins folder like Scawen told you and you should be able to use them.
yes i did understand like i said before ive got a folder full of skins in the "skins folder and in the skins_dds and nothing is showing up in game since ive put the new patch on
Right now i only have my laptop with linux running so i can't look what my skin look like. Normally i put all the skins i make in the skin folder then they got converted to dds.
yeh there all dds in the skins folder, i think it might need a reinstall
it all works fine now guys, strange thing is i didnt do anything weird
Take my advice and don't use Team Skins without persmission, and when someone tells you it is a team skin and asks you to remove it in a polite manner don't fob them off and leave the server. It will win you no friends, and lots of bans.
I actually have the same problem as the OP here.

I've got thousands of skins in the Skins_x and the Skins_dds folder, but non of them shows up ingame.

I've also tried to upload some new skins @ lfsworld, and copy/pasted it to all the skins folder but nothing happens.
/thread hijack

are the low-res skins sorted out automaticaly in time? (512*512)
I'm talking about the converted ones, helmets and car skins

thx...

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG