The online racing simulator
QoS for LFS
(4 posts, started )
QoS for LFS
I am looking for a way to classify LFS network traffic.
There is an L7 pattern for LFS but it is marked poor.
Also L7 is quite slow in detecting.

So is there another way to classify LFS packets (port-range, ip, protocol) ?

This is of course most important for traffic produced while in race.
I don't care about serverlist .

Thanks in forward
ports for lfs are 63392 tcp AND udp. dont know if you would need ip of the master server, guess not really and as for servers your racing on, that could be pretty much any ip.
When I'm connected to the DSL modem directly, the ping times are lower. Also, when I asked another racer to observe me, he says that my lag is much less (when compared to the other time when I was connected to the router).

In fact, when I'm connected directly to the modem, the demo servers show ping times of 50+ to 400+ in the screen where you can choose which server to join.

When I'm connected to the router (and the WAN port of router is connected to the DSL modem), the demo servers show ping times of 400+ to 1,000+ (!!!).

I hate having to unplug my computer from the router every time I play LFS (and plugging it directly to the modem).

My router is a Linksys WRT54GL with the latest Tomato firmware installed (1.14). QoS is turned on. How do I set up QoS for LFS correctly? (step-by-step procedure, using Tomato firmware, would be appreciated).

Thanks!
atm i don't have qos active on my router, but when i had i just prioritised all packets with a payload of < 256 bytes. LFS uses only packets smaller than that size and a lot of other games as well. It's also good for things like ssh logins and in fact acknowledgement packets too! Most other (bulk) traffic uses bigger packets I think, so you can prioritise a lot of things very cheaply that way.

QoS for LFS
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG