The online racing simulator
Wprime Multicore Pi Calculator
(11 posts, started )
#2 - DeKo
'Unexpected error: quitting', doesnt seem to work on either my comp or vista x64. Was interested to see how fast i could calculate pi with 4 cores aswell.
Multi-core? Vista? Everyone knows pies only come from the oven and take about half an hour, regardless of said oven being overclocked or not.
Try This:

SuperPiByHand -> Get a stopwatch, and a pen and paper. Start the stopwatch, and then get to work. Stop when you get 1M digits of pi.... mmmm... pi. Then stop the watch, report your time. Way more impressive than having a pc do it and about as obscure as your method.

Seriously though. While its nice to include multicore support, SuperPi is pretty much the gold standard of the Pi calcs.
uhh.. you cant run 1M with this.. only 32M.

Edit: 27.4s on the 32m.
#6 - Jakg
On a completely unoptimized copy of Vista - 13.914 seconds (@ 3 GHz)
12.184s 32M
#8 - Jakg
Care to say exactly what your PC is? I was running 3 GHz (375 * 8) for that test, with DDR900-ish - i'd like to see what i'm up against :P
39.218 seconds to do 32M...shut up, I will get a faster time with a few more programs closed.
87.046 sec on Athlon XP 3200 Hahahahahahaha so far I'm pwning all of you!!!1!!!
:chairfall

... what's that? lowest time wins???
55.2.... now i have question,i have pentium d 3.4 ghz dual core,it says clock 2400 mhz<--- is 2.4 ghz cpu than? and i have ddr2 667 memory,and it say 333.33 mhz @5-5-5-15.is it right?(sorry im noob at this)

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG