The online racing simulator
i bought ACT LABS rs pedals with clutch, and rs shifter. how do i make it work?
My shifter and pedal set came with a USB thing that has inputs for clutch,gas/brake,and shifter and connects via 1 USB. Wheni connected it and plugged it into the PC, windows did not automaticly recognize it. I tried instaling RS force drivers and still got nothing. i got the Act labs shifter/clutch utilityand it just says device not found. BTW i am trying to make this work along side my Driving force pro.

Help me out! thanks
Was the computer on when you plugged in the USB connector?
That sounds exactly like the problem I had with my USB shifter. The USB box that has 3 connectors (clutch + gas/brake + shifter) is supposed to automatically install necessary drivers once it is plugged in. You don't have to install any software/drivers manually, although there are some third-party shifter programs that you can use with games that don't support the shifter out of the box.

Anyway, in my case this USB box was faulty and didn't install the drivers -> shifter didn't work. Solved the problem by ordering a new USB box from Act-Labs since they still make them. If you have a friend who also has a Act-Labs USB box, try borrowing it and see if it works with it.

(I've propably written this same text 3 times on this forum already:schwitz
Quote from Forbin :Was the computer on when you plugged in the USB connector?

yes it was.

somethign interesting jsut happened. i plugged it in and kept it plugged in and 20 mins later i got a pop up of forse rs shifter/pedals being detected, then a ltitle later it said sthat the device wasnt functioning properly and removed it.

i will look into this usb box thing. thanks
you were correct the usb box is messed up. i noticed when i wiggled the wires around it would turn on and off. i finally got it to the point where it always stayed on and i taped the wires in that position so it seems to work. thanks!
No problem. Let us know how it turns out You can also contact Act-Labs tech support, they were very friendly and supportive when I had my troubles with the usb box.

Edit: noticed you got it working, good to hear.
Say, were you the one that bought the shifter and pedals with the 3 in 1 USB connector with the 3 shift plates off ebay for like 200 bucks? I was watchin that sell...were you the one that bought it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG