Backfire mod
(31 posts, started )
Backfire mod
I have recently seen a video of some Saiko^D members drifting and I saw one there cars had a misfire effect to the exhaust, does any1 have that mod?
I think you'll find it's a post-production effect, not a LFS mod.
o ok. Do u know how it is done?
Quote from acisdaman :o ok. Do u know how it is done?

You need to learn how to edit movies. Its not going to happen in a day. Looks up on google, how to make movies or some crap like that.
And you'll need to buy something like Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas.
If you really want to get into movie editing and want to know how to do that, ask Kamkor, he is the leader of Saiko~D and the maker of the movie

He's a nice guy, and I'm sure will gladly help.
It would be possible to create a mod like this, which would work ingame. If we already have a ghost mod, it wouldn't be very difficult to create a program which would place flames at the tailpipe.
#8 - ajp71
Quote from wheel4hummer :It would be possible to create a mod like this, which would work ingame. If we already have a ghost mod, it wouldn't be very difficult to create a program which would place flames at the tailpipe.

Sure it wouldn't but do you really want random flames? Working out when there is fuel being burnt in the exhaust doesn't happen by magic illepall
Quote from ajp71 :Working out when there is fuel being burnt in the exhaust doesn't happen by magic illepall

I never used the word "realistic" in my post.
Quote from Clownpaint :Might aswell put boxes on the track with shells in them and mushrooms too.

Cool idea!
You have two lips and a tounge, make them yourself.
I hate those flames ppl think they are cool big flippin deal u haves flames coming out of ur car u may as well as set ur car on fire then u have a Backfire
Not so much trying to be cool as it is trying to be realistic. You won't see too many street legal cars with that effect, the race versions hower won't have any emissions control.

For now, if you want backfire, go play GTR or GT4
I want misfiring!
Quote from RABIES :Not so much trying to be cool as it is trying to be realistic. You won't see too many street legal cars with that effect, the race versions hower won't have any emissions control.

For now, if you want backfire, go play GTR or GT4

There are quite a few street legal cars that backfire. ANy with a turbo have a chance of back firing, It does depends on other factors etc (like having an after market rev limiter etc) But cars hat have after market turbos would back fire quite easily on lift off as not all the petrol would be burnt so would continue to brun in the exhaust.
But dont see why this would be wanted in lfs as none of the cars have aftermarket parts. The only cars that would back fire would be the race cars like the FXR XRR and FZR ad would said before wouldnt have emissions to keep to so exhaust would b straight through. BUt not really needed i dont think.

Altho at le means at night seeing th cars backfire looks cool IMO
umm
my volvo did backfire quite nicely (byebye muffler )
and DAMN i loved that hehe

i would like to see something like a backfire mod for the xrt, would be something new
My old Alfa would backfire if I really let the engine over run. Heck, my 2x160cc Go Kart does it. I added backfire sounds to a little driving game I was working on and it brought the game too life - sadly the physics killed it again but it was only a few days playing around to make it, the difference with and without is quite something.

Pressumeably insim provides feedback on revs, if so this could be used to monitor engine drop offs which could give reasonably realistic information with which to do the backfires in a mod that just detects sudden rev cut offs and adds the odd backfire sound - maintaining sound quality might be an issue because the OS will duplex the audio between two applications, it would have to be tried to see if it's good enough.

If you want flames in the game too (which dont add as much, it's 'feeling' your own car that makes the biggest impact) then a much more complicated mod is required.
Quote from MoriX :why not make that dump sound to a boom?

That's a great idea!! Can someone do this??
if you have a cam just make a green background (like green paper) hold your hand in front at the edge of that green paper with a lighter in ur hands.. then fire up ur lighter.. put that in a video editor program .. use green screen keying.. and u have the best backfire ever (i think hehe)

srry im just in a silly mood..

btw about a real backfire mod.. i think that requires some big changes in the lfs engine itself? i dunno
It'd produce a better (cleaner backdrop) result to render the explosion effect in 3d Studio Max, it's just a sphere gizmo and flame environmental effect - the software costs of course (£1,600 to be precise) - but most software teams have it or an equivellent product. I've got 20 odd explosions rendered as stock media.

The advantage to that method is you dont melt your camcorder lense
Quote from MoriX :word. dont have a program

I think many people in this forum have this program.
And someone can do that for us, please! :icon23:
Quote from MoriX :why not make that dump sound to a boom?

The sound is a short looping sample, not a one-shot played sample, a looping identical boom would be quite weird.
Quote from filur :The sound is a short looping sample, not a one-shot played sample, a looping identical boom would be quite weird.

By weird you mean scary as all hell right? I mean if I was driving and started hearing explosions coming from all over the place, I wouldn't be too happy.
depends on what kind of car it is! sometimes it's one bang, others more.. :P
Quote from MoriX :yea. but if u release the trottle on a.. hm.. something. its not just one boom. its
bang bang baang bang bang..

Which is why i put "identical" in my post.

Backfire mod
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG