The online racing simulator
My account for sale...
(35 posts, closed, started )
My account for sale...
I have A S2 account I just upgraded to 6months ago but have been on S1 for like 3years and I just lost my setups when I updated from X to Y and that makes me sick!! So I want to sell the account because you can't replace 4 years of custom setups!!! [email protected] Email me I sell it half price!!
Is that even allowed?

How did you loose your setups? Very careless.
#3 - Gunn
Quote from Trippz :I have A S2 account I just upgraded to 6months ago but have been on S1 for like 3years and I just lost my setups when I updated from X to Y and that makes me sick!! So I want to sell the account because you can't replace 4 years of custom setups!!! [email protected] Email me I sell it half price!!

You lost your setups? Where did you lose them? Maybe you just need to rename them for use with Y.
Quote from The Moose :Is that even allowed?

I guess not.

btw I want to buy S2. I'm tired of demo but my parents don't let me use the internet to buy things. (bad thing of being 18 but living in your parents house )
Quote from jonny__27 :(bad thing of being 18 but living in your parents house )

Hang on...your 18. Do you have a credit card? If so i don't see what's stopping you.
Quote from The Moose :Hang on...your 18. Do you have a credit card? If so i don't see what's stopping you.

yes i have a credit card, but last time i tried an internet payment...i sort of lost my modem.
and my parents still have full access to my account. they don't trust my spendings, and stupid thing is i don't know why.
hahahahaha... 18 i think you should be free by now... and if you buy it with your money why not? its your money
Quote from jonny__27 : last time i tried an internet payment...i sort of lost my modem

Now I'm really confused
I think he means his parents took his modem away.
Quote from chanoman315 :hahahahaha... 18 i think you should be free by now... and if you buy it with your money why not? its your money

yes, should. unfortunately i'm not yet.

Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I think he means his parents took his modem away.

yep
DUDE...go to LFS/data/SETUPS
NOT SETTINGS

You didn't loose your sets, you just need to rename them

If you look, they are now called XF_GTI_BL1.set OR Formula_V8_BL1.set

THEY NEED TO BE CHANGED TO XFG_BL1.set OR FO8_BL1.set

ALL the setups are now using their 3 LETTER ABREVEATION.
hey guess what? my dad entered my room right now
"get off the computer" he said
now you see where i live?

but ok, he's still pretty cool. only bad thing on him is still not trusting internet payments.
Banning the seller won't help. The account would need to be removed somehow. Remember that even if he does sell his account somehow, there's no way to guarantee that the buyer is the only one using the account, because the seller can still have an unlocked version on his computer. Even if the buyer changes the password, it doesn't affect the seller's copy. I think you guys can see the problem with buying other ppls accounts.
Quote from jonny__27 :only bad thing on him is still not trusting internet payments.

It's a shame that in 2008 people are still so paranoid about buying things on the net.
I buy virtually everything except food on the net and have done for years. Not once have I had any problems.
Even my crusty old parents do these days.
And if something went wrong most credit card company's and banks cover you for internet fraud these days anyway.

Tell him to look at the thousands of people that have bought LFS, and have done for many years.

Anyhow, good luck..I'm sure you will find a way of getting it, your a big boy now
#16 - hda
Quote from jonny__27 :hey guess what? my dad entered my room right now
"get off the computer" he said
now you see where i live?

but ok, he's still pretty cool. only bad thing on him is still not trusting internet payments.

in which city do you live? I don't mind paying it for you if you give me the money
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Banning the seller won't help. The account would need to be removed somehow. Remember that even if he does sell his account somehow, there's no way to guarantee that the buyer is the only one using the account, because the seller can still have an unlocked version on his computer. Even if the buyer changes the password, it doesn't affect the seller's copy. I think you guys can see the problem with buying other ppls accounts.

It will, when the buyer will change the password, it will require it to connect on S2 again, and same for solo. I'm pretty sure it does that when changinf password.
Quote from The Moose :It's a shame that in 2008 people are still so paranoid about buying things on the net.
I buy virtually everything except food on the net and have done for years. Not once have I had any problems.

[ snip ]

I can give you one good reason... I recoded the mass-payment system for a large online payment company (much like paypal) where I was happily given access to download their 250,000 entry database to my home computer and more horrifically, every password in the database, including the company owners and directors, were stored as nothing more than plaintext. Oh, and how did I get the job? I posted a reply on Usenet explaining the round() function in PHP. I was asked 2 questions: "What country are you based in?" and "Are you free right now?"

Luckily for them, I'm an honest fella... but think how much "fun" I could have had

I also pay for _very_ little on the net. LFS and my domain names is about it I think.

Regards,

Ian
Sure, you're never 100% save, but the funny thing is, that people who are afraid of buying stuff over the internet will usually quite happily hand their credit card over to some dodgy salesclerk and won't even object if he leaves the room with it, because the booking terminal is supposedly in the other room.
I have to point out that if you don't want your parents to have access to your accounts, 18 is old enough to prevent it. If they log in without your permission, that's fraud. The companies aren't allowed to share your info with them either, that's the law.

TBH this sounds more like a tantrum caused by not reading the ReadMe. The patch notes tell you how you'll need to change your setups, there's posts on the forums here and people (like myself) have linked to bulk renaming programs for people who have hundreds of setups.
Quote from Linsen :Sure, you're never 100% save, but the funny thing is, that people who are afraid of buying stuff over the internet will usually quite happily hand their credit card over to some dodgy salesclerk and won't even object if he leaves the room with it, because the booking terminal is supposedly in the other room.

That's true.. but at least you can see that issue in front of you.. whether you (not you specifically, obviously) have the common sense to work that out however, is another matter.

Thankfully I'm a "cash man". I never use a credit card in shops, _everything_ is paid for in cash

I also agree with Dajmin.. seems they don't teach reading any more in schools actually, looking at many posts on this forum, they don't seem to teach any of the "3 Rs" these days.

Regards,

Ian
#22 - axus
Since when is selling your account illega? As far as I know, it's perfectly fine, just buying an account is ill-advised since you're buying something that comes with possibly bad history.
3 R's? Rowdy behaviour, Rehab and (to keep the original format) Breeding. Still accurate, just the definition changed
well actually yours is better, the in school one one has one r, reading, then w and a
No.. the 3 Rs are reading, riting and the third I've forgotten ;p
This thread is closed

My account for sale...
(35 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG