The online racing simulator
Cant see any skin??
(8 posts, started )
Cant see any skin??
#2 - Gunn
What type of files were they, and why put so many sins into your skins folder? I'm sure you will never use 830 skins, and they'd be difficult to browse through, having so many.
They are all dds files from the skins_x folder and iv tryed with only 1 FBM skin , no result . Iv never had this problem before patch y
ok i see i cant use dds :S but where are public skins ?
#4 - Gunn
The skins folder is for JPG files. Additionally, you shouldn't assume that the skins in the skins_x folder are yours to use freely. Many will be team skins and some will be personal skins.
Quote from Gunn :The skins folder is for JPG files. Additionally, you shouldn't assume that the skins in the skins_x folder are yours to use freely. Many will be team skins and some will be personal skins.

ok but files in the skins_x folder are all dds, why?
don't know why they are DDS, but a lot of those skins are private. you should delete all the skins you copied over and make sure u are allowed to use them first...
Quote from Matt0snap :don't know why they are DDS, but a lot of those skins are private. you should delete all the skins you copied over and make sure u are allowed to use them first...

Allowed or not i cant use those DDS at all?!
#8 - Gunn
Quote from iOL(Qc) :ok but files in the skins_x folder are all dds, why?

DDD files are used to reduce resource use, they are less taxing than JPGs are. The skins_x folder is for skins that have been downloaded while in-game. They represent the skins of other drivers.

You can only use skins for your own car that are in the skins folder, and they should be JPGs. LFS converts your own skins to DDS files for other people to download in-game, but you use JPGs for skins.

And I reiterate: the skins downloaded to the skins_x folder are not necessarily public skins. You should not assume that they are ok for you to use on your own car.

You can download skins from the forum here in JPG format, or from skins sites run by LFS fans. Put the JPG into your skins folder and it will be available for selection in LFS.

Cant see any skin??
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG