The online racing simulator
how moire grip can mean slower
(15 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
i try vincent wr setup and make 114 in blgp

i try same stup with game default tyres which you can feel has much more grip and its much slower

how is this posible?
#2 - J@tko
Quote from lerts :i try vincent wr setup and make 114 in blgp

i try same stup with game default tyres which you can feel has much more grip and its much slower

how is this posible?

The default has more rear end grip, but that makes you slower because then you understeer.
#3 - bbman

how is this posible?

Because you're braking sooner, because your apex speed is slower, because you get on the throttle later, because your gearing isn't optimal, because you create more drag/rolling resistance...

Should sum it up pretty much, strike out as applicable...
#4 - samjh

how is this posible?

What car? If you're talking about FBM, it's probably because the default setup has more downforce, therefore more drag, therefore less acceleration and lower maximum speed.
I think he said he used the same setup, but default tires, whatever that is.
Probably because you were stoned at the time (or whatever it is that happens to you). Can you post two replays showing the difference that the grippy tyres make please.
#7 - lerts
sure how do i save replays
Default tyre pressures on the FBM are low, something like 16 psi. All the fast setups seem to run max pressure or close to it (still just 29psi or maybe not even that). Rolling resistance is higher, car is slower in a straight line, but feels grippier (with lower pressures).
Drive.

Then press 2, and choose a name.

Upload that file from lfs\data\spr to your post using Manage Attachments button in reply screen.
all right i see it now no need to update tracks

ive put presure at its minimum and you feel it so much slower

thanks a lot now i know scawen is not conspiring against me

how long should i play to go close to wr?

im quite able
About 5 laps for me (when I was practiced), maybe 50 laps. For someone only playing for a year, maybe an evening?
#12 - wien
Quote from tristancliffe :About 5 laps for me

And if you're human, you may never reach WR speed at all. I know I put that idea away years ago.
Quote from wien :And if you're human, you may never reach WR speed at all. I know I put that idea away years ago.

thats the case for me too!
Incidentally, I should point out that, for the above post, near WR time = within a second or so per minute
Sometimes what may be good for one person, may be not for another. In fact, sometimes using world record setups I can be slower than using the ones I made myself.

I would compare that set up to the one you use frequently to see just why it is faster.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG