The online racing simulator
Kyoto National Reverse a la Rockingham FINAL
This is the final layout for Kyoto National Reverse round.

The chicane has been made more forgiving barrier-wise, but it is still fairly tight.

There have been Start points (not system-known) on the straight after the chicane. The line marked with blue cones is the accelerate line, the line marked with green cones is the start line. Please see the Rolling start and Safety Car requlations for info on these.

I have changed the banking run-off. The two chicanes up there after the first I deemed unnecessary as they just continued to slow down a car that should be getting up to near full speed by the last one, therefore making merging unsafe. Should you miss the chicane, ensure that you do not gain any position by it, and stay against the outside wall so you don't interfere with traffic joining from the normal route.

Please give me your comments. I will post screenshots of it tommorow.
Attached files
KY2R_BC_final.lyt - 2.3 KB - 78 views
You do know that a la rockingham means

'at the Rockingham'
#3 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :You do know that a la rockingham means

'at the Rockingham'

Yes, but in French you say 'a la carte'.

'a la' here just means 'like'.

Trust me - I have a GCSE in French
Ok ok

BUT

Did you pass?
#5 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :Did you pass?

Yes - I got A* - a year early. I'm taking the rest this year. I've had to do a Spanish GCSE in 1 year.
Quote from J@tko :Yes - I got A* - a year early. I'm taking the rest this year. I've had to do a Spanish GCSE in 1 year.

What percentage counts as A*?

What year are you in @ school?
#7 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :What percentage counts as A*?

What year are you in @ school?

Um, I have no idea. It's not nessecarily by percentage. I got about 220 UMS points. which is about 85% I think.

I'm in Year 11 (the worst year!)
220 U Must Suck points?

U Must Really Suck at french
#9 - J@tko
Quote from JO53PHS :220 U Must Suck points?

U Must Really Suck at french

I have no idea what UMS stands for!

And I've got 12 more GCSE's in the summer - woo! :sadbanana
Quote from dekojester :This is the final layout for Kyoto National Reverse round.

The chicane has been made more forgiving barrier-wise, but it is still fairly tight.

There have been Start points (not system-known) on the straight after the chicane. The line marked with blue cones is the accelerate line, the line marked with green cones is the start line. Please see the Rolling start and Safety Car requlations for info on these.

I have changed the banking run-off. The two chicanes up there after the first I deemed unnecessary as they just continued to slow down a car that should be getting up to near full speed by the last one, therefore making merging unsafe. Should you miss the chicane, ensure that you do not gain any position by it, and stay against the outside wall so you don't interfere with traffic joining from the normal route.

Please give me your comments. I will post screenshots of it tommorow.

strange layout, still dont get the point why to use it... any way its too dangerouos, especialy because it formula, so just touch those tyres ant you will riun the car or fly into the sky, i sugest using those boxes made from grass, you know, old grass, that cows eat or red kones, and the angle of the turn still can be made at 180kmh so maybe it should be a bit more round...
Quote from kABLiuks :strange layout, still dont get the point why to use it... any way its too dangerouos, especialy because it formula, so just touch those tyres ant you will riun the car or fly into the sky, i sugest using those boxes made from grass, you know, old grass, that cows eat or red kones, and the angle of the turn still can be made at 180kmh so maybe it should be a bit more round...

Because the FBM is on the limiter from about the head of pitlane all the way around to the infield section, it's done to slow it down a bit and add a passing point.

If it desperately needs reworked, I can do it.
Quote from dekojester :Because the FBM is on the limiter from about the head of pitlane all the way around to the infield section, it's done to slow it down a bit and add a passing point.

If it desperately needs reworked, I can do it.

Wheel users have an advantage: pedals = 2nd gear steadiness.
Meaning, that wheel users are faster in the pits.
Quote from Dalek0220 :Wheel users have an advantage: pedals = 2nd gear steadiness.
Meaning, that wheel users are faster in the pits.

Thats good

/me gets G25 by friday (hopefully)
Quote from JO53PHS :Thats good

/me gets G25 by friday (hopefully)

It also means you can control the FO8!
In other news, corners are faster to take on, they are more exilerating, overall, wheels are better than kbs and mouses.
Yep the FO8/FOX is IMO impossible to control with a keyboard.

Keyboard accelerator... flat out or no power
Keyboard steering...not controllable enough to stop spins
Keyboard braking... no brakes or an emergency stop
Keyboard... On or Off

/me happy to be using wheel in 3 - 5 days
I've been throught there 4 times.
  1. @ Uber-slow speed just to test
  2. Crashed deliberatly to test safety features
  3. Crashed going through too quickly
  4. Went through fine - then span on the exit.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG