The online racing simulator
Quote from danowat :Edit @ Dave, were you flatshifting?, if so, how , it might be just the way it shows in the replay, but it looked like it

I was flatshifting most of the time yes. The FZ5 has a stronger clutch than most of the cars (because of the extra engine inertia it has I believe Scawen said), so the clutch doesn't overheat too quickly if you flatshift near the rev limiter.
Interesting.......
Rewind to Thursday evening.

I had to work very late and when I finally got back home the qualification had nearly finished. Boot the computer, plug in wheel, adjust seat and monitor and straight join to race server just in time. Shame about the work as I would probably managed into top 10 in qualification.

Dumped 50% fuel in, race start position back of the grid and a pair of very cold feet and fears of imminent disaster coming. Though things didn't turn out quite like that... I went mental!

I observed the T1 carnage from the last position and stuffed my nose in when I saw an opening and gained many places there. Then it was just a white-knuckle ride to the finish line. I had must-see-tv moments coming from left and right. Danowat and I had some crazy racing going on. I climbed from 23rd to 5th at best (or 6th, where are the stats, Dano?) but as the race progressed my G25 shifter started to fail and kept jumping out of gear on nearly every corner - both under braking and acceleration. The final 7th position felt sooo sweet. Awesome night. This is why I LFS.
Did these after the race yesterday, forgot to attach earlier.
Attached files
stats.rar - 767.7 KB - 182 views
Quote from spankmeyer : Awesome night. This is why I LFS.

I am with you on that one, it was a truely awesome night of racing, one of my most enjoyable and memorable races in LFS to date.

I was laughing like a mad man when I had to take the escape route across the chicane at T1, and when you overtook me round the outside through T1, I took my hat off to you
Quote from danowat :Interesting.......

I don't think it makes that much difference to your laptimes, and I'm trying to get into a habit now of lifting a little to keep the clutch nice and strong (especially in other cars).
Website has finally been updated with the Round 4 stats & replays.
Just let me know whats wrong with it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG