The online racing simulator
Autumn Mod?
(56 posts, started )
Im currently investigating why the trees look so bold?

with the nvidia dds info app i compared my saved tree dds to the original lfs tree dds.. i think i saved it wrong (Without mipmaps) so the trees look blurry and bad quality. i have not figured out yet why this is happening. Currently testing the Sharpening Filter.

the original dds flags are : 0x00021007 while mine are different

Also DDSD_LINEARSIZE appears on my saved DDS files while the original ones dont have this flag/line

I think only the LFS developers know what i do wrong
Been messing around and i found some settings that does the trees look better.

You need to Generate Mipmaps to make the trees look sharp at a far distance otherwise without Mipmaps (Like i did before) They look really blurry from a greater distance.

Also save them as DXT1 Alpha otherwise the trees are not transparent

The Highest setting will save the trees at highest quality.
The Alpha Zero Border (1 texel) removes the black edges around the trees (Improves edge transparency).

The Sharpen Filter i somehow need to make the trees look at its best. With this disabled it looks really blurry

I still need to try customized sharpening filter. Anyway this DDS thing for me is really complicated ive been messing around for hours to make the trees look better.

All the other textures (non-tree related) dont really need all these settings (No Mipmaps, just 1 bit-alpha).

This is how the trees look now after i discovered all this. Much more detailed.

Trackah,I have to say that this is going really good!Cant wait till its released!
Great job Trackah
I'm pretty much on the way to the finishing process

The grass now looks better, between green/yellow color.

Anyway i finished the backgrounds, grass, trees. Only some of the roads needs to be finished and this is alot of work to make it look right. After i finished the remaining roads im done and i can release it

The trees in my opinion still dont look very right. Not sure if its the colours or just the quality of the trees (Probably DDS related on my side) But i tried everything and i just could not make it better then this so i just had to accept it the way it is.

Autumn Mod?
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG