The online racing simulator
How to find S2 Beginner Server
(7 posts, started )
Hello!

I've become S2 licensed yesterday and i wondered about the online servers and that i didnt find a non race server because i dont want to smash others races cuz i am very slow( espacially on other tracks than blackwood:shrug

I guess training in sigle-player mode is too boring (get on the new tracks ) and the AI is too dumb!

thanks for help!
Quote from Trebuh :Hello!

I've become S2 licensed yesterday and i wondered about the online servers and that i didnt find a non race server because i dont want to smash others races cuz i am very slow( espacially on other tracks than blackwood:shrug

I guess training in sigle-player mode is too boring (get on the new tracks ) and the AI is too dumb!

thanks for help!

Thing is, there is none! Try the LFS Beginners cup, just before Jack tells you, and learn! I'm still shite, just talented at a few combos.
If you can get round consistently without spinning, then you should be ok to race online. Don't worry too much about being slow as long as you are predictable and people can go past you. You will get better a lot more quickly if you have other cars to race against.

There's a few servers which are great for beginners.

Try the CTRA servers (you'll only be able to join Race 1, bump n Jump, single seat and the UF-BR servers at first) or Conedodgers 1. These are tiered servers with the server software granting you access to the higher servers as you get better, meaning the lower tiers usually have a higher proportion of rookie drivers.

Don't worrry about causing carnage, just look out for other cars and don't do anything that's obviously stupid and you won't take anyone else out. Rememebering to let the car behind past if you get a blue flag is probably the most important thing. If you want to aviod most of the pack, spectate until the race starts, then join. You can then start from the pits behind everyone else and get a clear track in front of you.

Best of luck
Quote from Crashgate3 :Try the CTRA servers (you'll only be able to join Race 1, bump n Jump, single seat and the UF-BR servers at first) or Conedodgers 1. These are tiered servers with the server software granting you access to the higher servers as you get better, meaning the lower tiers usually have a higher proportion of rookie drivers.

He won't. They require a bronze licence now.

And Bump and Jump is still down because the layouts have to be changed, AFAIK.
Ctra1 and Conedodgers1? Not the best idea

Those servers are nearly full most of the time and lap1 usually is manic, i think that's too much for our newbie
Overpopulated servers also attract a lot of people who cannot race, so you won't learn a lot there i guess..

I'd suggest joining servers with 6-12 racers on it and watch them race, then join in and have a go.. and be patient
That's what I did and it worked.
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Dalek0220 :Thing is, there is none! Try the LFS Beginners cup, just before Jack tells you, and learn! I'm still shite, just talented at a few combos.

Grrrr......

If you find that [DR]Server 1 is ever populated, it coz us noobs are there doing a bit of practicing. You're welcome to join us.

If you want some little tips, go on any server. Watch the leader and see how he drives, the lines he uses e.t.c. The go out and have a little go yourself. just stay out of everyone's way - that's how everyone starts. Soon - you'll grow in confidence and speed.
I would recommend CTRA servers.. theres always some guys too who arent that understanding, but unless you make some ultra stupid moves you should be allright
Its best get used to someone giving strong feedback in this game, even when you have done nothing wrong.. It has happened few times that a guy overdoes a corner all by himself then starts accusing only because i was nearby, So harden yourself for such and just let it go when it happens.. and you realise theres lots of great regulars around that have great attitude and great racing.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG