The online racing simulator
Left foot braking, gear changing issue
I just updated to the new patch Y today, looking good so far!

One issue though, I left foot brake, and use my right foot for blipping the throttle. It seems now though that about 50% of my downchanges are not recognised by LFS, and after playing around, I'm assuming a change has been made where you can't downchange under more than x amount of throttle?

I've looked through the options list, and can't find a way to alter this behaviour...any ideas?
You're probably mis-timing your throttle blip. It took me a few days to get mine timed properly.
Check that you're throttle & brake are on separate axis??
What if that is not an option? I'm pretty sure my pedals work on the same axis.
I notice that you are online at Gentlefoot, so I'm guessing you mainly drive the single-seaters.

Yes, with these cars (at least with the FOX and FBM - I've not tried the other single seaters) you can't change down unless the throttle is below a certain level.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I notice that you are online at Gentlefoot, so I'm guessing you mainly drive the single-seaters.

Yes, with these cars (at least with the FOX and FBM - I've not tried the other single seaters) you can't change down unless the throttle is below a certain level.

Ah-ha! Many thanks dude, I'm getting the hang of it now - not too many mis-shifts in the race!

I change gear in the FBM by letting off half throttle and shifting. the FOX and other forumula cars you can flatshift, becuase of the ignition cut in the gearbox

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG