The online racing simulator
How do i download car setups and items off the forum?
Hi i have been trying to download car setups off the forum but it dosent work it just says choose a program to open the file with i choose lfs and it dosent do anything plz someone help me!

thanks in advance
you have to save the files at lfs\data\setups. once you done that, you can select them in the garage. make sure you don´t use old setups from before patch Y, or if you insist to do so, rename them! The new format requires the three-letter-abbreviations of the cars in the filenames.
Quote from eimer_ :you have to save the files at lfs\data\setups. once you done that, you can select them in the garage. make sure you don´t use old setups from before patch Y, or if you insist to do so, rename them! The new format requires the three-letter-abbreviations of the cars in the filenames.

could you do an example?
im tried that and it doesen't work :S
surely i did it wrong
ok, 1 second...
A rather long one second.

Rename it with the 3 letter car code in front - like:

XFG_Setup

or

XRG_ Setup

or something like that

and put it in the LFS/data/setups folder
pffff....

i´ll still post my answer, took me a long second, shouldn´t be for nothing I use the Firefox browser. if you use a different one, ... well, good luck!

P.S. proceed step by step, starting top left! If you can´t see the details on a picture, it has probably been resized by your browser. clicking on the picture shows it in original size ... if u use firefox
Attached images
sau1.jpg
sau2.jpg
sau3.jpg
sau4.jpg
sau5.jpg
sau6.jpg
sau7.jpg
sau8.jpg
The first few steps If you use Internet Explorer:

(I did this on vista (and IE7) so it might be different If you have XP or 2000 or whatever or an older version of IE)

Downloading setups seems much easier on IE than on firefox
Attached images
Setup.png
Download the set and save it to hardrive....Then if it is an old set (before patch Y) change the name from (example): XR_GTR_Blackwood.set is renamed to XRR_Blackwood.set

After move the set from your hardrive or whereever u saved it in to your LFS/data/SETUPS folder.

Then go into LFS and go to garage and choose your setup.

Your problem is when you download the setup you try to open it rather than saving it to your computer. When you click on the setup link it should come up with a window (shown in eimer's 1st post) Change the option from OPEN WITH XXX to save to disk.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG