The online racing simulator
updated server webpage
Hi

I just want to say that I live what happened to the right side of that page, but the left side I like less.
The list of drivers thats online is just not clear. And for me personally (don't know what others think of this) which server I join depends on which guys are online on what server.
#2 - SamH
Yep, I agree. I'm just experimenting at the moment with different ways to display the drivers in the server. The mission is to shorten the page somewhat, because it does get rather too long when the servers are busy. I'll keep experimenting
Something like 2 columns would work just fine too

And I also had the thought it would be more useful to show the peoples LFS user names instead of their in game names because they can change it anyway (and you would be rid of the weird symbols that can't be displayed).

Just thinking out loud
i think as well as the username bit a letter showing there state e.g. p for pit r for racing and an s for spec, would it be poss for the display name or username bit be a preference that can be set in myctra
#5 - SamH
Quote from koolby :Something like 2 columns would work just fine too

And I also had the thought it would be more useful to show the peoples LFS user names instead of their in game names because they can change it anyway (and you would be rid of the weird symbols that can't be displayed).

Just thinking out loud

I'm testing out 2 columns, but there's a bug in my code somewhere

To display usernames, I would have to re-develop the way we retrieve the information. At the moment, the info is being pulled from the server's host file. That only includes player name, not licence name
well if it would be a hell of alot of work then fine, for me it was more a a it would benice if we could thing
Yikes, I now need a magnifying glass to read the names on the individual servers. My old eyes can't focus on anything that small, except maybe my paycheck!

Where the heck did I put my bifocals? :eye-poppi
#8 - SamH
I'm barely able to keep my eyes open at the moment. I'll have another go at it in the morning, and get it working
Quote from SamH :I'm testing out 2 columns, but there's a bug in my code somewhere

To display usernames, I would have to re-develop the way we retrieve the information. At the moment, the info is being pulled from the server's host file. That only includes player name, not licence name

I see, no problem then
#10 - SamH
Woke this morning with the solution in my head, and now the server page looks a little tidier

At some point, I will return to this to see if I can find a "cheap" way of displaying licence names rather than player names in, but for now I'm happy
Sam maybe its just me but I think the way the server page is now, I mean with the writing and pics on the right and live info on the left looks like it would be better to have them the other way round so in the top left you would start reading the "about CTRA servers" bits then scan to the right for who's online.

Its not a complaint I think it does look more tidy the way the racers connected is shown now

as always good job Sam

EDIT just noticed the pic on the "about" page is actually a flash movie, wow classy I like it

SD.
looks very good now
1 more thing I'd like to say

If you check the (bad) screenshot, is there a reason why on Race 2 and Race 3 servers the names of the people who are online are pressed up against the 'headline' of the following server?

You'll see what I mean in the screenshot
Quote from SamH :Woke this morning with the solution in my head, and now the server page looks a little tidier

At some point, I will return to this to see if I can find a "cheap" way of displaying licence names rather than player names in, but for now I'm happy

Just do a DB lookup? you store both? :|
#15 - SamH
Quote from Krammeh :Just do a DB lookup? you store both? :|

I don't store the player name, only the username. The SQL connector between our software and SQL database has... limitations
Limitation being the coder?

#17 - SamH
Quote from koolby :1 more thing I'd like to say

If you check the (bad) screenshot, is there a reason why on Race 2 and Race 3 servers the names of the people who are online are pressed up against the 'headline' of the following server?

You'll see what I mean in the screenshot

Eww... that needs fixing! On it! Ta!

[edit] That's fixed. I knew as soon as I saw it, what the problem was. Unclosed DIV tag
#18 - SamH
jesus Sam when your gonna quite m8 ?. It looks awesome and yet you find something too update. Nothing but respect .

Its time you joined some racing m8
He's been in Race 2 a lot lately, just learn how to drive a LX6.
#21 - SamH
I've been driving the FZ50 and loving it! Awesome car!!
blimey, sam has managed to learn 2 cars in a sorta short space of time, amazing lol
How can you enjoy driving that boat?

EDIT: I LOVE IT!
no its a glorified vw beetle
Quote from SamH :I've been driving the FZ50 and loving it! Awesome car!!

omg sam is doing drifitng ????

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG