The online racing simulator
Blipin N dippin'
(18 posts, started )
Blipin N dippin'
LFS=best racing game to date, perhaps 2nd to the arcade Ferrari 355 Challenge racing game.

But seriously I'll make this as short as possible. When we talk about what's real then what do you call that new Nissan GT-R It's has an auto blip on both up and down shifts. I'm sure it's not the first, but what not at least put that in for the unfortunate people that sold there wheels for crack, or no maybe they just don't have one, and have to use a mouse or keyboard, or maybe somebody uses a track pad but I feel bad for them most of all. Well what ever the case is why not put it back in the game?
And I'm sure it's been said before but why not when you crash, part of your body in the game gets injured as well. You would have a body meter as well. It would register all vital functions of the virtual driver, taking a leak, needing sex, whatever a regular human may need. O.K. all done.
If the latter half of what you talk about turns you on, check out the game S.C.A.R.
But never expect it in LFS.
Quote from XCNuse :If the latter half of what you talk about turns you on, check out the game S.C.A.R.
But never expect it in LFS.

actually i was joking...haha
lol Just thinking about SCAR made me download the demo so I can try it again, it's an interesting effect and such a different take on gaming as a whole.

About the blips, maybe we will see it another time in a form of a handicap? Who knows.
Hmm i think xpand rally and xpand rally extreme also models driver damange.. not too great games though.. but at least other is on steam with about no money (with the exchange rate from euros to dollars stuff for example in steam is damned cheap for us europeans atm.)

It's not injuries, it's just that there's a "psyche out" meter.
Quote from theblackrabbi :When we talk about what's real then what do you call that new Nissan GT-R It's has an auto blip on both up and down shifts. I'm sure it's not the first, but what not at least put that in for the unfortunate people that sold there wheels for crack, or no maybe they just don't have one, and have to use a mouse or keyboard, or maybe somebody uses a track pad but I feel bad for them most of all. Well what ever the case is why not put it back in the game?

The new Nissan GTR will have autoblip, because it's a rubbish car that does 90% of the driving for you. Quite why it has blip on upshifts is a mystery, but surely confirms it as one of the worse cars ever conceived, along with every other Skyline (which it is, they just don't want anyone to realise).

A lot of flappy paddle cars have auto throttle blip and cut, as they are made for retards with money over sense. No driver in the history of mankind will actually WANT those systems for driving pleasure, or at any time on the public roads. Some (the big girly ones) might like it on the track for the 0.05 seconds per lap it might find you.

Whilst H-shifting is unlikely to never be improved on, nothing has yet - stick (no pun intended) with it and you'll instantly quadruple your driving pleasure.
You know what I like about Tristan's post? That there was no hyperbole whatsoever. Just straight, down the line, facts.
Quote from tristancliffe :No driver in the history of mankind will actually WANT those systems for driving pleasure, or at any time on the public roads.

I do enjoy shifting manually with heel'n'toe and everything, but as long as I get a system where I have full control over the shifting - I'd take that any day.

BMW's SMG for example have no downsides. Its not like moving the stick manually is everything when it comes to driving pleasure either. If so, there are lots of really boring race cars...
Quote from XCNuse :lol Just thinking about SCAR made me download the demo so I can try it again, it's an interesting effect and such a different take on gaming as a whole.

OT - take a look at the screenshots for SCAR on the website, don't the PS2 ones look so much better than the Xbox ones despite being technically inferior? Talk about over doing effects
Quote from hagenisse :I do enjoy shifting manually with heel'n'toe and everything, but as long as I get a system where I have full control over the shifting - I'd take that any day.

BMW's SMG for example have no downsides. Its not like moving the stick manually is everything when it comes to driving pleasure either. If so, there are lots of really boring race cars...

I would imagine that any driving lover (that is, a lover of driving, not some dangerous person driving WHILST loving!) likes the skill and reward of moving selector forks, and engaging dogs (via syncro rings), whilst matching shaft speeds every time.

How much pleasure can you REALLY get driving a car knowing that every time you change gear it's because some spotty 17 year old oik has done it for you via some code (and some clever electro-hydraulics)? Isn't that, ultimately, a bit like completing Half Life 2 in 20 minutes using every cheat?
Quote from ajp71 :OT - take a look at the screenshots for SCAR on the website, don't the PS2 ones look so much better than the Xbox ones despite being technically inferior? Talk about over doing effects

You're right haha, it's because the Xbox version has that stupid depth of field thing which I immediately turn off in every game.

I downloaded the demo again to give it a try lol that game was fun when you get your person so under stress the game gets.. quite interesting
Quote from tristancliffe :The new Nissan GTR will have autoblip, because it's a rubbish car that does 90% of the driving for you. Quite why it has blip on upshifts is a mystery, but surely confirms it as one of the worse cars ever conceived, along with every other Skyline (which it is, they just don't want anyone to realise).

A lot of flappy paddle cars have auto throttle blip and cut, as they are made for retards with money over sense. No driver in the history of mankind will actually WANT those systems for driving pleasure, or at any time on the public roads. Some (the big girly ones) might like it on the track for the 0.05 seconds per lap it might find you.

Whilst H-shifting is unlikely to never be improved on, nothing has yet - stick (no pun intended) with it and you'll instantly quadruple your driving pleasure.

lol, I can just see Tristan when he is 70 years old. Cussing about those danged memory implants..."Back in my day, people remembered things for real, with their own brain cells. None of this mamby pamby hardware stuff. Real men work hard to memorize things and keep them in their own danged brain cells. Hell, we even had to look up phone numbers on our cell phones we couldn't just blink an eye and pull it out of our internal SD card."

Face it Tristan, some of this is just technology moving forward. It is not a grand conspiracy to deprive you of the pleasure of shifting. The whole point is to give the driver control over the equipment. If you can have complete control without a whole lot of extraneous actions, then it is generally better. Will shifting take less skill... probably. Will that now freed up concentration and time translate into other skills that allow you to go faster? Probably.

(btw, I much prefer the manual method myself. It is just fun. But it is not the way of the future and there are "better" things coming)
Quote from theblackrabbi :
And I'm sure it's been said before but why not when you crash, part of your body in the game gets injured as well. You would have a body meter as well. It would register all vital functions of the virtual driver, taking a leak, needing sex, whatever a regular human may need. O.K. all done.

How about when you are street racing and you wipe out bystanders or T-bone a car? Would the game have a remorse-o-meter?

I use manual sequential gears and manual clutch, im using joypad and have adapted to it. Also iv seen alot of mouse players using manual gears and manual clutch. "blipping and dipping" is no problem if you learn how to adapt to it.
Quote from theblackrabbi :needing sex

You don't really need sex. If I was stuck in a desert without water, the last thing I would be worrying about is sex.
Quote from wheel4hummer :You don't really need sex. If I was stuck in a desert without water, the last thing I would be worrying about is sex.

You're a girl, aren't you?
A guy would have a list
1) Water
2) Shade
3) Sex
4) Sleep
5) Sex
6) Making a signal fire
7) Sex
8) Sleep
9) What's on cable tonight?
10) Sex

So you see, sex is not the last thing we would worry about. It isn't the first in that situation, but certainly not the last... well, it is the last thing too in the list, but you get the point.
#18 - JJ72
Quote from wheel4hummer :You don't really need sex. If I was stuck in a desert without water, the last thing I would be worrying about is sex.

Yup, cause it's a friggin orgy down in hell.

Blipin N dippin'
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG