The online racing simulator
File Manager for Replays
(9 posts, started )
File Manager for Replays
Hi all!

I hope this hasn't been suggested before (I searched, but found nothing).

I really would like to have a little file manager in LFS for all the replays, so I could store them in different folders (outside the LFS-directory), rename them and so on.

Would be easier to keep track of what replay belongs to which race. Those of you who participate in league races might feel the same way. These replays are quite precious to me and I dont want to delete them or figure out long names which describe exactly when and where the race took place.

Best Regards,

-= HP =-
#2 - ORION
imo a header with more details will be better, maybe allowing a table in the menu that shows the starters and the finishing results.
#3 - Gunn
I would like to see an entire program dedicated to managing races, replays etc and tallying the results including timed stages (targa style) with fastest laps, winners and points allocated, entire series managed from a user-friendly interface and all integrated with LFS World. And stuff.
#4 - ORION
Integrated in lfs world should be difficult, because you cant really read the local filesystem, unless you download the whole page onto your drive and install a webserver such as apache...
Once the webserver is installed, you can also run a small php script that reads those files and uploads some info to lfsworld... not really common that all users have a webserver installed, though
#5 - Gunn
Well my LFS installation seems to have no problem integrating with LFS World, PBs and race times etc. No special equipment required.
Well, ORION might have misunterstood you, Gunn.

I think you want a program, which manages replays AND stats (from LFS-World) all-in-one with a user-friendly gui, right?

I guess, ORION was thinking you want to access your replays from the LFS-World website or something like that.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, guys.
And splicing, like GPL had.
#8 - Chaos
I organise the Czech LFS league and faced the same problem way back in the beginnings... I solved it by renaming the files to

SROC_d1_z2_race1.mpr

name of the league (first letters)_division#_event#_qual(superpole/race1/race2).mpr

this way the replays are neatly sorted by names and I can quickly find the replay I need...
Quote from Chaos :I organise the Czech LFS league and faced the same problem way back in the beginnings... I solved it by renaming the files to

SROC_d1_z2_race1.mpr

name of the league (first letters)_division#_event#_qual(superpole/race1/race2).mpr

this way the replays are neatly sorted by names and I can quickly find the replay I need...

That's a reasonable solution, but it would be nice if you could do this from within the replay menu instead of having to do it manually in Windows.

File Manager for Replays
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG