The online racing simulator
Dakar 2008 Cancelled
(78 posts, started )
Dakar 2008 Cancelled
Last year they had to skip some stages if I remember correctly... for fear of some rebels looting the rest areas or something.

A shame it has to be cancelled due to these threats
That sucks big time, but it probbably is the right thing to do.

Dakar is the best...
oh crap.... Stupid terrorists...
They should hire a bunch of racetracks to have racing on instead.... Dunno how many tracks have barriers that support impacts from 5 tonne trucks though . Or they could run the 7 stages that werent going to be in the country that is causing the problem twice.... But they cancelled it... Roll on 2009.
Attach machine gun turrets to all the trucks and cars and have them go in first. It would make it a bit more interesting, they could include a terrorist kill count into the final results.
#7 - Bean0
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Attach machine gun turrets to all the trucks and cars and have them go in first. It would make it a bit more interesting, they could include a terrorist kill count into the final results.

Real life Carmageddon.....bring it on
#8 - ZORER
oh no! sh*t.
This is one of the events i look foward to the most and damn cant belive that.
I wish those terrorist would stop being so selfish, man those terrorist are worst then those Emo's
Quote from Bean0 :Real life Carmageddon.....bring it on

I thought the Dakar rally made enough casualties, without needing terrorists or gun turrets.
This is such a disappointment, especially for people who have spent the whole year preparing for this event .
Soooo, Al Gaeda has turned green and migrated with Greenpeace terrorist group?
This sux. The world is slowly going the way of the movies. Soon there'll be giant 200 ft. walls around every major city in the world, and we will all be confined to city limits because outside the walls is where the terrorists and crazy people live...
Sad news, but it's probably best to cancel rather than have problems.

Quote from spiderbait90 :They should hire a bunch of racetracks to have racing on instead...

Estoril to Thruxton
Simple really, everyone should be told the risks, if they don't want to do it then they don't do it. If they do then they will be safe in the knowledge that a poorly trained bloke dressed as an airing cupboard, with an AK-47, probably won't be able to hit them as they blast through the desert at 80mph.
I really like the idea of Dakar, but I have never bothered to show the slightest bit of interest. I've never watched it on TV (other than 10 second clips), I've never looked up the results. I don't know who drives. I just couldn't care less about actually doing something about what sounds like a very interesting sport.

Maybe they need to market it a bit, and make me realise what I'm missing.

And no, that's not a request for lots of websites or youtube clips. You can post them, but I won't bother to watch them.
Giving in in fear is never the thing to do..

Plus the irony eh.. Dakar is the closest thing the 'west' has to suicide bombers (240km/h through the desert anyone?) and they obviously care for us and want us to stop doing that? :S
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Attach machine gun turrets to all the trucks and cars and have them go in first. It would make it a bit more interesting, they could include a terrorist kill count into the final results.

Double points for heatshot at 200km/h?
Quote from spiderbait90 :Double points for heatshot at 200km/h?

You can an artistic bonus if you backflip and land ontop of one.
I suppose it's negative points if you shoot a non-terrorist?
there goes my fun for this weekend
sux , sux , sux , bad bad bad,
I don't really care about the Dakar either... Never really followed it or anything. But when I see it on TV I'll watch it for a bit. So I do think it kinda sucks it got cancelled, especially because of some dumb terrorist morons. Go blow yourself up or something!
Crap terrorists.. I watch it every year on tv and didn't expect this news. Is this the end of Dakar forever?
Quote from davejah :Crap terrorists.. I watch it every year on tv and didn't expect this news. Is this the end of Dakar forever?

Probably not.

Dakar 2008 Cancelled
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG