The online racing simulator
Do you think the new Ferrari Project will be any different?
Hi all! well, I've been very interested in hearing about the developments of the new Blimey! Games project. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that Ferrari is my favourite auto manufacturer by a long way . Anyway, I know how the ISI physics engine stinks but is there a possibility that they will go in a different direction to live up to the prestigious Ferrari?

http://www.blimeygames.com/site/main.php
The graphics look very nice. Any info on whether its DX9/10?

As for the physics, while i stil find M3 challenge enjoyable, theres no denying the physics are pretty poor. To simulate the physics of cars like ferrari's, and F1 cars, there gonna have to work hard.

Lets hope it turns out good. If it gets good reviews, i will definetely buy it
#3 - ajp71
It's retaining the old ISI physics engine, which needent be the end of the world, it has potential just most people don't know how to use it and take advantage of the fact it lets you ignore basic laws of physics to come up with the right answer.
#4 - joen
The graphics look no less than stunning, although the front tires on the F1 look a bit...fat, will definitely be worth checking out if they provide at least decent physics simulation.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If it gets good reviews, i will definetely buy it

Bear in mind most reviewers gave GTR a great score, and that was hardly good, realistic, or impressive. GTR2 got a great score to, and it was what GTR should have been (but no more) a bit later. Reviews mean nothing. Play it, then delete it (is my prediction, but as always am willing to be proven wrong).
The visual quality does look very nice, I hope one day LFS will reach that level of quality. The lighting & reflections look brilliant.

Physics wise, I expect it'll be 2nd rate as usual, but still fun.
It'll be crap, sadly.
Quote from Smurfen :idiot

rFactor: Crap
GTR: Crap
GTL: Crap
GTR2: Crap

Conclusion: "Ferrari Project" will be utterly fantastic?

Idiot.
Quote from thisnameistaken :rFactor: Crap

Conclusion: "Ferrari Project" will be utterly fantastic?

Idiot.

Lol.
Well, as Kev stated, the previous and current ISI sims... :doh:... I mean games weren't great in the physics department. I still play GTR2 from time to time, as I was just actually playing now with the V8SC Falcon round Vallelunga but the reason why I play them is because they're fun, good immersion, lots of tracks, lots of cars, all things I appreciate but I expect different with this Ferrari project.

I love all Ferraris so I'll probably be spending a ton of time in that game to drive all of them at some sort limit but considering that the feeling between GTR and GTR2 is quite different, being better, I'm hoping that the same advancement from GTR to the GTR2 and perhaps even more of an advancement since this is quite a special project due to the partnership with Ferrari that they will really maximise the ISI engine or better yet, make a new one that blows me away.

All hopes and wishes. Like most of mine, this probably won't happen
At least they hired Eero Piitulainen, the guy behind RBR's physics engine and Driver's Republic project which apparently is now finito. Let's hope for a miracle.
but didnt they also say somwhere that the ferrari game would be based entirely on isi and theyre working on their own physics engine for the game after that ?
well i hope it comes out soon, so the sounds and car models can be converted to rfactor. actually... it might be good since eero is on the development team and his Driver's Republic project was very promising.
my hope is that blimey bought not only eero but also dr and that hes still working on it
if they leave him to it and stay out of the physics bits (which as we all know theyre utterly clueless about) we might get some rather impressive combination of blimey content and eero pyhsics
Quote from thisnameistaken :rFactor: Crap

Hey come on, i'm not having that :mad:

I'll agree with you about the others but GTL certainly wasn't/isn't crap. Granted they were all made by the same company, but GTL had/has a certain charm about it that excused/excuses all the short comings it had/has.

Ok ok it's not great, but it's certainly not that bad. The word crap in this instance i feel is unjustified, a much more accurate description would be, constipated.

As to that Ferrari thing, the screenies do look utterly fantastic which means i ain't got a hope of playing it with decent fps on this computer, so it'll be crap !
#17 - w126
Quote from Shotglass :but didnt they also say somwhere that the ferrari game would be based entirely on isi and theyre working on their own physics engine for the game after that ?

I'm not sure, but it seems unlikely they would work with two different engines at the same time. There is interview with Ian Bell in the latest AutoSimSport. He said their Falcon project is separate from Ferrari Project (and arcade Kart Attack). There is no info on Falcon on their website yet, I guess that is because they keep information on game concept and content secret as it's supposed to be something very innovative. In the middle of 2006 they were planning that Falcon would take them 2 years, so it may actually be released before Ferrari Project. Falcon for sure is multi-platform project (PC and consoles) and it has multi-threaded engine, so even if it is heavily based on ISI physics engine they had to take a deeper look at ISI code while porting it to consoles and making sure it works in multi-threaded environment. In the process, they might have been tempted to improve the physics engine significantly.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Hey come on, i'm not having that :mad:

I'll agree with you about the others but GTL certainly wasn't/isn't crap. Granted they were all made by the same company, but GTL had/has a certain charm about it that excused/excuses all the short comings it had/has.

It also came bundled with StarForce copy protection. It may well have been charming, but if Oscar Wilde kicked you in the balls it would still be a kick in the balls.
Quote from deggis :At least they hired Eero Piitulainen...

Is that true? Well, I think they won't rewrite the gMotor to surprise us, but having this guy in the team surely raises a bit my expectations.

At least now I'll bother trying it.
i love it when people state their opinion as fact

I like GTR2 but im not gonna go round saying its the best game ever and anyone that disagrees is an idiot, because its my personal opinion, everyone has different tastes
It's got bloom effects. Ergo it must be good. If only it was a little browner. Last commercial incarnation of the ISI engine I tried was in Race07 - not good. Ofcourse there was no bloom, and apart from the steaming pile it resembled it lacked alot of brown.
Ferrari want little kids to think they can drive their cars like Schumacher, therefore the game will most likely be a easier version of GTR2 with bloom.
Bloom/HDR seems to be seen here as a negative thing, even when its used correctly (not to say this title does, can't judge that on a couple of screenshots).

Forza 2 & PGR4 make use of similar lighting methods, and IMO they both look fantastic, as its used correctly. Unlike CMirt, which is terrible, in every meaning of the word.
Quote from w126 :I'm not sure, but it seems unlikely they would work with two different engines at the same time.

iirc theyve said that falcon will have their own in house developed engine so they probably are working on 2 engines atm ... or rather theyre working on one engine and copy pasting the usual isi crap

either way i hope eero can beat some sense into their heads
How hard can it be to do a quick 'format c:' on all the machines? I hope he's done that

Do you think the new Ferrari Project will be any different?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG