The online racing simulator
Just got s2 and g25, some help plz
Before this all I played was forza 2 on XBOX 360 (that broke) = I just got s2, I was pleasantly surprised with the demo, and I assumed the experience would be better with a wheel. My gawd does the g25 make a huge difference, great wheel, well designed and definately worth the $ for the quality, fit and finish. A couple of questions from a big noob.

I cant shift with the formula cars, even if I set the control options to sequential and the g25 to sequential. I cant put it into any gear, am I missing a setting? (works perfect with H pattern, using the logitech settings described in LFS manual).

Also, how are you guys heel-toeing? Im really trying to make it smooth, but unless its a single downshift, my braking suffers. I notice that I have to lift the break pedal to reach the throttle pedal, and as such my breaking comes in unsteady pulsing motion, slowing me down quiet a lot. This in turn hurts the tyres, which Im looking at conserving.

Im hoping in a couple of months I'll be able to join you guys for some lengthly clean racing.
#2 - Woz
Quote from eunosroadster :Before this all I played was forza 2 on XBOX 360 (that broke) = I just got s2, I was pleasantly surprised with the demo, and I assumed the experience would be better with a wheel. My gawd does the g25 make a huge difference, great wheel, well designed and definately worth the $ for the quality, fit and finish. A couple of questions from a big noob.

I cant shift with the formula cars, even if I set the control options to sequential and the g25 to sequential. I cant put it into any gear, am I missing a setting? (works perfect with H pattern, using the logitech settings described in LFS manual).

Also, how are you guys heel-toeing? Im really trying to make it smooth, but unless its a single downshift, my braking suffers. I notice that I have to lift the break pedal to reach the throttle pedal, and as such my breaking comes in unsteady pulsing motion, slowing me down quiet a lot. This in turn hurts the tyres, which Im looking at conserving.

Im hoping in a couple of months I'll be able to join you guys for some lengthly clean racing.

Have you mapped the gear up/down settings in the controls section. I normal use the wheel flappy paddle things for sequential. If you want the sequental lever you need to map that to up down in sequential when in sequental mode on the G25.

For the lever race cars are normally pull back for up and push for down so you don't fight gravity. On road cars for some stupid reason its the other way around.

There is a good setup guide around somewhere for the G25 that shows the best force settings etc.

Here is a great example of heel-toe on G25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqTR07nSdFg

HTH
To drive the cars with paddles or sequential shifting, you need to turn the dial on the G25 shifter to sequential, THEN change the settings in LFS from shifter to sequential. Then you need to assign the Up and Down shift buttons to either the G25 shifter OR the paddles.

I had the same problem with heel-toe until tonight I decided to see the difference when racing with shoes, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that heel-toe is ALOT..ALOT easier for me with them on

What I would do is put on auto-clutch... Then just brake with left foot, and blip with right until it is easy. This taught me how far to push the gas pedal and how fast to get smooth downshifts. After I started using auto-clutch but still clutching with my left foot and heel-toeing with my right. I'm still a total noob.. but getting better
#4 - Si01
The button assignments for the paddles, and the 'shifter converted into a sequential' are different. You need to switch between the "shifter / sequential" in the control options, and then goto the button assignements and configure which 'buttons' you use to change up / down. - The paddles are buttons 4/5, where as to use the stick as a sequential its buttons 8/9 I think (which is the same assignment as 1st/2nd gear on the manual). So if you go for this option you then need to re-assign 1st and 2nd gears if / when you change back to the H-pattern maunal shifter.

HTH.

Si.
Quote from Si01 :The button assignments for the paddles, and the 'shifter converted into a sequential' are different. You need to switch between the "shifter / sequential" in the control options, and then goto the button assignements and configure which 'buttons' you use to change up / down. - The paddles are buttons 4/5, where as to use the stick as a sequential its buttons 8/9 I think (which is the same assignment as 1st/2nd gear on the manual). So if you go for this option you then need to re-assign 1st and 2nd gears if / when you change back to the H-pattern maunal shifter.

HTH.

Si.

Sounds like a pain in the ass to re-assign gears every time you use a Formula car or road car. Me is sticking with my trusty DFP forever!
A much easier way is just create 2 driver profiles , one for road , one for formula , that way you wont have to reconfig everytime
Quote from eunosroadster :Also, how are you guys heel-toeing? Im really trying to make it smooth, but unless its a single downshift, my braking suffers. I notice that I have to lift the break pedal to reach the throttle pedal, and as such my breaking comes in unsteady pulsing motion, slowing me down quiet a lot.

Raise the brake/clutch pedals (thread about that in hardware-section) and wear shoes. Gets a lot easier then.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :A much easier way is just create 2 driver profiles , one for road , one for formula , that way you wont have to reconfig everytime

Or configure the files in \data\script to set up the controls however you want for each car - then they'll be loaded automatically when you exit the garage.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :A much easier way is just create 2 driver profiles , one for road , one for formula , that way you wont have to reconfig everytime

Quote from thisnameistaken :Or configure the files in \data\script to set up the controls however you want for each car - then they'll be loaded automatically when you exit the garage.

But if you create a second profile (I am asumming u mean in the logitech profiler) then don't you also need to configure the files like thisnameistaken said? Or else even if the wheel is set up, you still need to change the LFS settings.. Which I find takes longer?
no i mean in LFS , just make another driver
lol, oh yah..Forgot bout that

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG