The online racing simulator
Help setting up a server
(6 posts, started )
Help setting up a server
Sorry for the new thread.

Can anyone give me help running a full client server...

I know you're all going to link to angry angels guide but that seems to be about running a dedicated server.

Do I have to pay to have a server...?

/me is confused
For the full client you just need to setup port forwarding on your home router, if you have one, and configure your firewall. If you have any.
Quote :If this is not the case, you're only likely to need to read the following sections, as you can configure everything else in-game when you start the multiplayer game.

* Firewalls
* Port Forwarding / Home Routers

Ok thanks
I'm having problems with this:

Windows Firewall
  • Open the Windows Firewall, from the control Panel, and goto Advanced.
  • Select your Network Connection you want to allow connections from, under Network Connection Settings, and then click the Settings button.
  • Click Add. Give it a Description of "LFS (TCP/63392)", set the Name or IP to 127.0.0.1, put 63392 as both Port Numbers, and select TCP. Click Ok.
  • Click Add. Give it a Description of "LFS (UDP/63392)", set the Name or IP to 127.0.0.1, put 63392 as both Port Numbers, and select UDP. Click Ok.
  • Depending on your setup, this final one may not apply. I've come across a particular hotfix which appeared to change the behaviour of the Windows Firewall. Try it without first, if it doesnt work then click Add. Give it a Description of "LFS (TCP/29339)", set the Name or IP to 127.0.0.1, put 29339 as both Port Numbers, and select TCP. Click Ok.
If when you start the dedicated server, and Windows askes if you want to unblock it or not, select Unblock.

I can't find the settings button... Is this the thing I need to be on:

Attached images
firewall.png
If you're using Vista then feel free to ignore those instructions. You should beable to just allow LFS, if I remember correctly, and it should just work.

I'll make a note on the guide later on, noting that those instructions are for XP.
Ok thanks lol I wasted half an hour

Help setting up a server
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG