The online racing simulator
Addon tracks - ever?
(7 posts, started )
Addon tracks - ever?
Prolly has been discussed before, but we may as well keep this forum hoppin' Anywho, I haven't been tracking alot of dev work so I'm wondering if we'll ever see a time when real world tracks will be available for LFS. I know there are licensing considerations so I'm not looking for something sanctioned from the devs but maybe an opportunity to create or convert them from other sims unofficially. Let modders take care of it under the cuff so to speak. This came to mind while I was racing the other sims like nr2003 and GTL and thought how great LFS' physics engine and cars would be to drive on these tracks that we all know so well. Trust me, I'm a huge fan of the fantasy tracks in LFS already. They are the best fantasy tracks ever. Most real world tracks dont even compare to the quality and flow of these courses. Not complaining about the LFS tracks or bored with them by any means. I just have this crazy itch to race the LFS cars on familiar tracks, that's all.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Yeah I guess we'll have to be patient...but dammit I'd love to drive an LX around the Adelaide street circuit!
There was a lot of threads about this on RSC, but lets go once again .
If devs release car/track editor it will NOT happen before S3 becouse :

1) They don't want to have their car that is let's say made to look/feel like
Ferrari and that someone makes a car in editor that looks/feels exactly like Ferrari.

2) Editors they use change a lot (some dev said that in some interview) so
it's stupid to release them and make people learn all over again how
to work with it.

So it's best that you don't count on any editor at all and if it's released
after S3 it will be a BIG suprise
double post
#6 - ORION
Quote from Hankstar :Yeah I guess we'll have to be patient...but dammit I'd love to drive an LX around the Adelaide street circuit!

I'd like to take any of the lfs cars around Adelaide.

Addon tracks - ever?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG