The online racing simulator
#1 - Cawwa
Automatic gearbox
Not allowed to race with automatic gearbox? Is that in all classes?

Normaly I don't use it, but now I have a broken thumb. I really can't handle anything but driving with one hand. Pretty undoable without that autogearbox.
I have to wait till the doctors take the plaster bandage away to run at a CTRA server?
No autobox on CTRA. Never will be.
#3 - Cawwa
I guess you are a part of the CTRA admins, since you say ... "never will be"

Thinking of people who actually need the autobox to be able to race, people who only can use one hand, I would like you reconsider that decision. I can't find a single reason not to since it's hardly an advantage to use it.

Thx for the answer though ...
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Cawwa :I guess you are a part of the CTRA admins, since you say ... "never will be"

Thinking of people who actually need the autobox to be able to race, people who only can use one hand, I would like you reconsider that decision. I can't find a single reason not to since it's hardly an advantage to use it.

Thx for the answer though ...

Basically, the auto box is there to make racing as realistic as possible - you don't see any race cars with auto boxes. Maybe if you PM a CTRA mod, they may excuse you from this for a while (don't know if its possible for a single person to be excused), but you might as well give it a try.
#5 - Jakg
The real reason is that 90% of wreckers use Auto gears, same for using passengers, and that 99% of people who go from Auto to Manual never look back.

On the "old" system it was possible to excuse a driver this (RedWolf2602 is iirc), i'd expect if you PM SamH you might get some help.

And no, Moose is not a CTRA admin fwiw. Neither am I, actually, but i've been "in the loop" throughout it's life.
Quote from Cawwa :I guess you are a part of the CTRA admins, since you say ... "never will be"

Sorry for the quick and blunt reply, and no, I'm not an admin. I shouldn't have said "never will be" as i don't know that as fact. I was replying at light speed without engaging my brain

As others have already said, there may be circumstances in which autogears are allowed, I'm not sure.

Hope your thumb heals soon.

There was a discussion about the reasons here http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... highlight=automatic+gears
#7 - Cawwa
Dang what a fast guy SamH is!! ... all is clear ...

(if I was able to he would get both my thumbs up ... )
#8 - SamH
I checked the X-rays, spoke to his doctor, took a photocopy of his sick-note.. he's covered for the next week
Zoomy, Pre-Patch-X stats will not count to those numbers.
#11 - SamH

In fairness to Mr Moose, he was quoting me directly Exceptions are made for disabled drivers, and drivers in exceptional circumstances, but will never be mainstream in the CTRA
Quote from SamH :In fairness to Mr Moose, he was quoting me directly Exceptions are made for disabled drivers, and drivers in exceptional circumstances, but will never be mainstream in the CTRA

I'm glad you make exceptions for disable drivers. Obvisly you guys have talked this through so I will not stir up a new discusion about the matter.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG