The online racing simulator
Non stop flights to Australia?
(36 posts, started )
Just booking a flight for my 3 week trip to Australia in Oct, and I see Virgin Atlantic do non-stop flights in an A340-600?.

Not sure how they manage it, because the A340-600 has a range of 7500nm, and it must be over 10000nm to Australia from England?

Anyone done it non-stop?, I am betting it would be WELL worth doing, rather than hanging around in Hong Kong airport for a number of hours.....
That's what I read:

" Virgin has ordered 15 of the new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft which can be used for the 16-hour non-stop stretch between London and Perth (Australia)."

So I don't think they can do (will try) it with an A340
unless their filling the seats with fuel.. i cant see it being an A340 of any kind.
Go to the Aircraft menu, select Realism Settings and you can select "unlimited fuel" there.......

Ah! I get what you mean now.....
Australia is HUGE, so it depends where are you heading to. There should be enough fuel and range to the west coast in theory, but something like Perth BBO mentioned, falls short with about 500 km. I got no idea if that's the only place to land there though. I think you have to land somewhere if you want to the east coast.

But, if they say they do it, I guess have to.

Oh btw, what are you going to Australia for, if I may ask?
#6 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :
Oh btw, what are you going to Australia for, if I may ask?

That must be most stupid question of 2008 Proper V8 cars of course + Mad Max
Quote from Blackout :Oh btw, what are you going to Australia for, if I may ask?

We've decided to send an amateur rugby team to give them a chance.
Quote from thisnameistaken :We've decided to send an amateur rugby team to give them a chance.

The team includes Freddie Flintoff, Kevin Pietersen, Steve Harmison, Michael Vaughan and Monty Panesar.
Hehehehe.

Well, I am going to Syndey, Bateau Bay (sp) to be precise, firstly to visit family, secondly we are going to drive down to Phillip Island to see the MotoGP.

2 birds with one stone and all that.

The tickets are defo coming up as non stop flights, but unless branson has perfected in flight refuelling, I can't see how they manage it.
#10 - JJ72
Quote from danowat :Anyone done it non-stop?, I am betting it would be WELL worth doing, rather than hanging around in Hong Kong airport for a number of hours.....

Why not? I'll buy you a pint.
Quote from danowat :Hehehehe.

Well, I am going to Syndey, Bateau Bay (sp) to be precise, firstly to visit family, secondly we are going to drive down to Phillip Island to see the MotoGP.

2 birds with one stone and all that.

The tickets are defo coming up as non stop flights, but unless branson has perfected in flight refuelling, I can't see how they manage it.

You're coming in october and you're not stopping by Bathurst for our biggest motor race? :P

Have a nice trip!
If it's a choice between the 2, then MotoGP wins unfortunately, mind you, if I can swing both.......
you would be RETARDED not to go to bathurst!!! anyway from sydney to phillip is an incredibly long drive! im talking like 19hrs non-stop!
Quote from kester :anyway from sydney to phillip is an incredibly long drive! im talking like 19hrs non-stop!

pfft thats just around the corner m8
623 miles apparently, I have done my house to Bordeaux (over 700 miles), easily in a day.

As for Bathhurst, I would love to see it, but two wheels is where it's at for me, and if it's a choice between MotoGP and Bathurst, MotoGP wins hands down

Like I say, if I can swing both, I will
The flight is possible in theroy but apparantly its really pushing the envelope in sane and insane.

Anyway if ur coming down for the MotoGP next year give me a hollar might arange to meet up watch Stoner defend his title and other interesting things like that.
Will do, I will also be cheering on Stoner, but also JT, not sure how well he'll do though, but we will see in Feb
Quote from AstroBoy :The flight is possible in theroy but apparantly its really pushing the envelope in sane and insane.

Anyway if ur coming down for the MotoGP next year give me a hollar might arange to meet up watch Stoner defend his title and other interesting things like that.

Hehehe...go Stoner

Quote :Steve Parrish: "I think Stoner's got tyre issues."
Charlie Cox: "Yeah, they're not going round fast enough."
Steve Parrish and Charlie Cox commentating on the Dutch Moto GP after Valentino Rossi took the lead from Casey Stoner.

Lived in australia for two years and a half and never had a truely non-stop flight, even though the planes were 747-400's.

There was always a stop in Singapore to refuel. Some people got off there; new ones got on for the Sing-Aus flight all while refueling and unloading/loading the new baggage. So u shouldnt have to get out and wait for hours if u use a decent company.
For long haul flights i would also NEVER use a budget airline..If u want semi edible-food ,a
headphone with a personal radio and tv-screen ,free alcohol(usefull when u are stuffed on a plane for 24hours) and less cramped legroom (extremely imporant imo if u dont want to arrive like a zombie) i would recommend Singapore airlines, then Lufthansa and maybe BA or KLM.

In the future they might be doing truely non-stop flights, but i doubt it since airliners want as close to max capacity as possible. Which is easier when u make a quick fuelstop somewhere along the way and it also saves money by not having to carry all that fuel about for the whole journey.
Are you sure the non stop flight isn't a 787 Dreamliner as BBO@BSR said?

Because if it is, experiencing the new Dreamliner would make for quite a pleasant flight and be better than sitting in Hong Kong.
Quote from Glenn67 :pfft thats just around the corner m8

we drove from lillydale(yarra ranges) to bathrust non-stop took us 9 hrs somthing like 1000k's
Quote from kester :we drove from lillydale(yarra ranges) to bathrust non-stop took us 9 hrs somthing like 1000k's

Your the winner hehe screw the V8's i think you won the race right there.
All booked, £1572 for us both, ouch, not looking forward to 23 hours stuck inside a bloody metal tube though..............

I'll be arriving in Sydney on 29th September
Quote from danowat :All booked, £1572 for us both, ouch, not looking forward to 23 hours stuck inside a bloody metal tube though..............

I'll be arriving in Sydney on 29th September

Dan, you could always sleep or buy a laptop
I have a laptop, and the chances of me sleeping on a plane without copious amounts of valium are slim.............

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG