The online racing simulator
who is wrong?
(37 posts, started )
who is wrong?
I have get a accident on oval & the other was ban me...
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
Attached files
KY1_race_8L_0R_0F.mpr - 60 KB - 161 views
Both of you for being on the oval

But a racing incident. You didn't have enough overlap, but he probably couldn't see you where you were sitting... Would it have taken much effort to lift and tuck in behind?
Your fault, for being in a server mostly populated by one team, and then having an incident with one of their members. Ignore the fact that you had enough overlap, and he clearly does not use his mirrors.
Attached images
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG
20.JPG
21.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG
Ok nice of you to finish that picture board, your fault. Sorry but you should of lifted or tapped the brakes.
Attached images
24.JPG
25.JPG
26.JPG
27.JPG
28.JPG
29.JPG
30.JPG
31.JPG
32.JPG
33.JPG
34.JPG
35.JPG
It's like a movie, or a replay, at like... .000004 FPS.

Hurray, Since when did LFS get ported to Crysis.
#8 - Nobo
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Your fault, for being in a server mostly populated by one team, and then having an incident with one of their members.

So true my only two LFS-Bans was the same. 1st got banned for owning a whole team with the FOX on AS National. 2nd got banned a few meters before finish for beating Andre and Wusel on their server

First it is his fault ignoring you, but on the oval when you see that someone is not watching you, you should have lifted then and trying to drive more down the line to avoid that.

Why you are putting so much effort in it? Get over those ban-happy guys. Its just one of hundreds of servers
problem solved, you´re unbanned, scania.

as well as on other servers basically the guy behind is to blame when 2 cars crash, on our server it´s the guy on the outside. We are having the simple rule on our server that says: "don´t block the inside", and we´re experiencing amazing draft-actions this way, always looking for higher speeds/lower lap times. besides that, I heared some complains about those Bara-guys´ attitude lately. you was just unlucky that at the moment the accident happened, they could almost complete a vote on their own.

next time you get banned somewhere, check the website of the team that runs the server. no need to post it on lfsforum.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Ok nice of you to finish that picture board, your fault. Sorry but you should of lifted or tapped the brakes.

He is keeping his line at that time, I can't imagine he will cut to the inside line if he can see me on mirror......
after he though me 1 time, my car was losing contral, I'm try to contral my car & keep it stright, than, he though me than other times, and both of our car were lost contral
Quote from eimer_ :problem solved, you´re unbanned, scania.

as well as on other servers basically the guy behind is to blame when 2 cars crash.......

yes and no. i would say the the person making the pass has a responsibility to make the pass as clean as possible. the lead car has responsibility too, he can't just drive blind to the car behind him.
i think a bit more race craft would of made this a much cleaner pass. although you probs would of gotten banned for effing him in his backyard lol.
Quote from eimer_ :problem solved, you´re unbanned, scania.

as well as on other servers basically the guy behind is to blame when 2 cars crash, on our server it´s the guy on the outside. We are having the simple rule on our server that says: "don´t block the inside", and we´re experiencing amazing draft-actions this way, always looking for higher speeds/lower lap times. besides that, I heared some complains about those Bara-guys´ attitude lately. you was just unlucky that at the moment the accident happened, they could almost complete a vote on their own.

next time you get banned somewhere, check the website of the team that runs the server. no need to post it on lfsforum.

Thanks~~~

But I don't think that the lower speeds/higher lap times car must let the other car go at all time. because I have see many "block" in IRL & NASCAR in youtube...
dadge, i said BASICALLY, and besides that, i´d call this one a racing incident anyway. being the slower car, you´re supposed to give enough room on the inside to let the faster car pass. but "enough" depends on the drivers possibility to drive a smooth line. so you actually have to know how the other car drives/how good he can hold a good line. on the other hand, sometimes you see the outside car comming down, obviously on a collision course, probably not aware of you being on the inside.... when you´re driving with guys you don´t know, it´s not that much about decent lap times, but about surviving - just like on a public circuit race server btw
His fault. He had reason to suspect you were there. If he was using pitspotter like he should have then he would have known 100% you were there. It would be normal for him to allow you that room if there is reasonable doubt you are there and just draft you down the next straight. Mistakes happen. But banning you is just low. Additionally, admins making decisions in the heat of the moment of an accident they are involved in without looking at footage is plain wrong.

EDIT: Ok, as I understand they were not admins. However, the last statement still stands as it has happened to me a couple of times. It just does not apply in this case
Quote from scania :Thanks~~~

But I don't think that the lower speeds/higher lap times car must let the other car go at all time. because I have see many "block" in IRL & NASCAR in youtube...

well, if you block IRL on an oval, you still get additional speed because of the push-pull effect. in LFS, we don´t have such an effect, so to get additional speed, you either have to be behind a car or be part of a bump-train

still, sometimes you see that the car behind isn´t really making up speed behind you cause he´s too close for example, and still goes to pass you in the next turn. in that situation it might be better to tell him not to pass by blocking him and hoping he´d make up some gap between you and him, so that he can make up more additional speed behind you on the next straight before passing. but that can hardly be done with a driver you don´t know well... and this kind of block isn´t done in a way that the following car has to brake to avoid a crash
I say you ban that guy from the server. If he is so happy to ban someone for an accident he mostly guilty in then he should eat his own medicine. And make the ban count. Not some 24 hours or smth. Make him think twice next time.
as usual mostly a racing accident IMO.

but still, if you are on the inside, and the car in front of you does not watch his mirrors and pulls down, its his fault. no matter if there is a rule "don*t block the inside" or not.

one of the general rules of racing is still: "if you move your car in a direction, make sure you can do that move without crashing another car" and this applies to oval racing and circuit racing the same.
To me it looks like totally his fault for putting you guys in that situation. It's off the start. How could he not know someone might be there. He simply either dosen't care that your there and expects you to back off. Which makes him aggressive. Or he doesn't use his mirrors.
his fault me thinks. Changing driving line in a major way, from the other side of the track to other without making sure the lane is clear. He ran into you, and propably you wouldnt have expected him to rush to the line, or maybe didnt even have time for it (i wouldnt have).
his fault, you lapped him and he cut you
Quote from A.Ulleri :It's off the start. How could he not know someone might be there.

It's his fault for this reason purely.

Rules in oval racing are different than rules of street courses, in street courses you technically should back off before a turn if the opponent's door is where your front bumper is.

In oval racing, a line is a line, if you don't know someone is there, that is your ignorance and thus you're accountable for every move you make. No one backs off in oval racing, it's their fault for not knowing you are there.
Off topic:

Who does the blame game?

I think this would be cool for betting, by spliting the picture story board in half and ony showing the first half first,

next having a betting period,

then show the second half of the stroyboard.
Isn't this sort of thread discouraged on the board?
It's their server... they can ban you for using a certain color in your nickname for all I care!

who is wrong?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG