The online racing simulator
Kerbing...
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Antsa
Kerbing...
Here are few pics which I took yesterday. Feel free to comment and edit!

Unfortunately there is some flaws in the first pic...
Attached images
lfs 2005-12-20 14-01-56-93.jpg
lfs 2005-12-20 14-02-40-45.jpg
lfs 2005-12-20 14-04-03-32.jpg
lfs 2005-12-20 14-04-48-43.jpg
#2 - Antsa
more...
Attached images
lfs 2005-12-20 14-23-23-00.jpg
lfs 2005-12-20 14-27-20-81.jpg
lfs 2005-12-20 14-27-47-12.jpg
lfs 2005-12-20 14-28-40-81.jpg
#3 - XXXg3
haha, the last 3 are pretty kick ass
nice pics
Is "kerbing" an activity I've never heard of? Or are you referring to several kerbs laid together being known collectively as "kerbing", in the way that pavestones laid together become "paving"?

I'm easily confused, to be fair.
He obviously doesnt like 4 wheels. illepall
#6 - Antsa
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is "kerbing" an activity I've never heard of? Or are you referring to several kerbs laid together being known collectively as "kerbing", in the way that pavestones laid together become "paving"?

I'm easily confused, to be fair.

Ehh...No, it's not a proper verb. I just don't know why I put it there... Mayby it should be "hitting on a kerb(/curb)"...?
#7 - ajp71
Quote from thisnameistaken :Is "kerbing" an activity I've never heard of? Or are you referring to several kerbs laid together being known collectively as "kerbing", in the way that pavestones laid together become "paving"?

Kerbing is an expression used in racing circles, it's pretty self explanitory. In real racing kerbing is very definatley a bad thing, apart fromrisking damage to the car it can be plain dangerous, both in terms of sending the car out of control and weakening compnents. At a Formula 4 (1600/1800 cc. single seaters) race on the Silverstone a Formula Renault clipped the kerb at Becketts too hard on the last lap, the car carried on, seemingly without damage until the rear suspension collapsed coming over the finish line, then hit by another car, causing a big accident after the race had finished.

IRL you simply couldn't kerb the FOX like you have to be fast at Fern Bay. Modern racing cars are designed to take kerbs, but only some kerbs can be taken, if you look at the lap of the Radical SR8, a car completely capable of taking normal kerbs, at the 'ring he doesn't touch a single kerb, this is because the kerbs there, like some of the nasty ones in LFS are quite simply like pulling a car onto the pavement at 150 mph (which you would do would you ). Road cars and older racing cars are even more likely to fall to pieces when you touch a kerb.

Nice pictures btw. have they been edited a bit, or does LFS look that good on your system
#8 - Antsa
Quote from ajp71 :Kerbing is an expression used in racing circles, it's pretty self explanitory. In real racing kerbing is very definatley a bad thing, apart fromrisking damage to the car it can be plain dangerous, both in terms of sending the car out of control and weakening compnents. At a Formula 4 (1600/1800 cc. single seaters) race on the Silverstone a Formula Renault clipped the kerb at Becketts too hard on the last lap, the car carried on, seemingly without damage until the rear suspension collapsed coming over the finish line, then hit by another car, causing a big accident after the race had finished.

IRL you simply couldn't kerb the FOX like you have to be fast at Fern Bay. Modern racing cars are designed to take kerbs, but only some kerbs can be taken, if you look at the lap of the Radical SR8, a car completely capable of taking normal kerbs, at the 'ring he doesn't touch a single kerb, this is because the kerbs there, like some of the nasty ones in LFS are quite simply like pulling a car onto the pavement at 150 mph (which you would do would you ). Road cars and older racing cars are even more likely to fall to pieces when you touch a kerb.

Nice pictures btw. have they been edited a bit, or does LFS look that good on your system

Thanks for your detailed explanation! At least my subconscious was right...

And those pics aren't edited. After I took them I suprised how good LFS's graphic engine still is without any directx 9 effects..
Thanks to both of you for the explanation. I don't think I've never heard the word used as a gerund before.
Quote from ajp71 :Nice pictures btw. have they been edited a bit, or does LFS look that good on your system

Good? JPEG quality isn't that good in those pics... just turn on 16xAF and 6xFSAA and it will look good on your comp too, at least when taking screenshots.
Quote from Antsa :Here are few pics which I took yesterday. Feel free to comment and edit!

Quick one

What do you think?
Attached images
lfs 2005-12-20 14-04-48-43.jpg
Quote from ajp71 :IRL you simply couldn't kerb the FOX like you have to be fast at Fern Bay. Modern racing cars are designed to take kerbs, but only some kerbs can be taken, if you look at the lap of the Radical SR8, a car completely capable of taking normal kerbs, at the 'ring he doesn't touch a single kerb, this is because the kerbs there, like some of the nasty ones in LFS are quite simply like pulling a car onto the pavement at 150 mph (which you would do would you ). Road cars and older racing cars are even more likely to fall to pieces when you touch a kerb.

Yeah, I agree real cars are a little more fragile than lfs cars, but..

I had a race on Blackwood GP. 22 laps with FOX. But after about 18 laps, I noticed my suspension had bend! I could still drive, but it was very tricky.

And a few days ago, I was in a fight with someone, also FOX, on Aston National. And at the hairpin he braked a bit early, I braked a bit late. So in the corner we hit eachother, but it seemed everything was still ok, no damage. But the next corner we both wanted to turn in, but we just spinned because we both had broken suspensions.

So LFS is still quite realistic.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
2 wheels = less rolling resistance!
Attached images
lfs2wheels.jpg
Quote from Highsider9 :Quick one

What do you think?

To be honest, that hurt my eyes. Not so blurry
I liked the original shot of the black FZ. The bodywork is nicely lit and reflecting the light at the angle. To me, it looks pretty real, but the surrounding scenery and shot overall is kinda boring. But the car looks great!

Kerbing...
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG