The online racing simulator
Digital Speedo?
(17 posts, started )
Digital Speedo?
Hey, since the patch Y regulations of taking off digital speedo, why not to make a Addon of a Digital Speedo... most modern cars have that, and you can put it when you want in your car, and i think the devs arent getting this speedo on again, i think its a good idea to make a addon of it.... there are very good programmers of lfs out there
I do wonder about all of the fuss surrounding the speedo. My car has a digital speedo (http://members.shaw.ca/murraypeterson/car/IMG_0171.JPG), but I rarely have the time (or the guts) to take my eyes off the track to look at it. I even put in an audible redline beeper so I didn't need to look at the tach.

The only time I take a peek at the speedo or tach (usually the tach) is on a straight where I can see how much speed I got out of the previous corner. The actual value doesn't matter there -- it's just to see if there is any difference from the previous lap.
S2000 is one of a few cars that I can think of off the top of my head.

Mk2 Astra GTE had it and so did the Fiat Tempra.

Theres probably loads more but I can't think of them.
Quote from chanoman315 :Hey, since the patch Y regulations of taking off digital speedo, why not to make a Addon of a Digital Speedo... most modern cars have that, and you can put it when you want in your car, and i think the devs arent getting this speedo on again, i think its a good idea to make a addon of it.... there are very good programmers of lfs out there

Are all the cars modern in LFS? No.
Quote from beefyman666 :S2000 is one of a few cars that I can think of off the top of my head.

All the newer Honda Civics have digital speedos.
I'm sure they do (though the Accord is better).

But many of the cars in LFS don't. Don't like it? Write to the developers and plead your point.
Quote from beefyman666 :S2000 is one of a few cars that I can think of off the top of my head.

Most Ford and Lincoln luxury cars have them... Its becoming rather common.
What makes you think I don't like it? I really don't care if the speedo is digital or analog for LFS cars.
Hello,

Cool Men

LFSRelax do this and much more

Gai-Luron
Most Citroens these days have all the counters in digital, rather nicely done actually, positioned in such a way it doesn't take as long to read (set on top of the dash, far back in the middle).

Old Audi's had the option for it as well, I remeber seeing it in my old Audi 90 handbook That was back in the mid-80's.
A ton of cars back in the mid 90s had them, they thought electronic displays was going to bring the car into the future (then again, so did tinting headlights and taillights).

They were wrong (thankfully).

It is strange they took it off though, it is nice during some replays etc. to see exactly how fast you were going.
I've only used it less than a handful of times, but during those times it was extremely helpful.
Quote from RedRiver :I wonder how many cars you've seen IRL.

my old car had one but it was an 1986 magna elite lol had digital tach aswell lol
Quote from RedRiver :I wonder how many cars you've seen IRL.

ive seen a lot.... thats why i made this post... cuz i know many cars irl have them
Renault Espace, Renault Avantime, Renault Scenic, Toyota Prius, Honda civic hybrid, have digital speedos
Use LFSrelax addon it has a feature to project the speedo on screen where it is not available anymore now.

Digital Speedo?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG