The online racing simulator
Dedicated server under wine
(7 posts, started )
Hey guys, I'm running F8 with wine to try and run a test server for a project.

Does anyone know if wine has a firewall or settings that need to allow the host to connect to the master server, because atm it won't go outside our network(to connect to the master serveR) even though our firewall allows the ports for insim and LFS.

any ideas?

cheers

Fusion. Flip
Quote from Arrow Karts 8 :Hey guys, I'm running F8 with wine to try and run a test server for a project.

Does anyone know if wine has a firewall or settings that need to allow the host to connect to the master server, because atm it won't go outside our network(to connect to the master serveR) even though our firewall allows the ports for insim and LFS.

any ideas?

cheers

Fusion. Flip

No.

Are you sure you've setup your firewall correctly, and are you sure you've allowed the appropriate ports?

Bogan.
-
(Arrow.) DELETED by Arrow.
I is no bogan?

yeah i'll check the ports again but i'm pretty sure i've allowed them all...

any other suggestions?
Sometimes the master server wont register a server and you have to restart it. I know with our servers, whenever I restart, I do it twice. Think of it as the first time as a "reset" and second time as "start".
Quote from Arrow Karts 8 :any ideas?

Run "tcpdump" (as root) in another window / shell, to check if the network request is actually generated by LFS and if there is a response at all.
Figured it out, need the port for the host to connect the master server to my server itself, the problem in the walkthrough was it forgot (or i didnt read) the part that says u need port 29339 open too.

All works now me happy
nice work flipper, you noob

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG