The online racing simulator
Recent Racing Headaches
(25 posts, started )
Recent Racing Headaches
I have just discovered the cause of all the recient racing headaches, unless I'm behind and people already know/think this, then please let me have my moment.

Now with the new patch and all there is this new filter that is at the bottom of the connections screen called "cruise". Of course it filters out all the cruise servers, but the thing is, it is automaticly on when the version is updated from patch "X" (pun intended) to Y. So, now that the cruise servers are automaticly filtered out, even if they are wanted to be shown, most of the people that used to hangout there are now populating the reace servers. The race servers are, and have been, more populated since patch Y (just an observation no acutal data to be shown).

After noticing that, I had curiously repopulated my connections list with the "cruise" filter off and noticed that most had a population of about 8 - 10 users, wich is a major difference compared to a usuall population, before patch Y, of about 20+ users.

So If I am behind in thinking this then o well :doh:, but if not then whats your oppinion? And do you have another conclusion?
so, you're saying its bad that more people are racing now instead of cruising?
#3 - Gunn
Quote from legoflamb :
Now with the new patch and all there is this new filter that is at the bottom of the connections screen called "cruise". Of course it filters out all the cruise servers, but the thing is, it is automaticly on when the version is updated from patch "X" (pun intended) to Y. So, now that the cruise servers are automaticly filtered out, even if they are wanted to be shown, most of the people that used to hangout there are now populating the reace servers. The race servers are, and have been, more populated since patch Y (just an observation no acutal data to be shown).

It sounds like the default setting is doing a fantastic job.
Keep it quiet...they thought they got a feature
Whel i had trouble to with some strange guys who did do soem prettey ignorant things

For excample some strange guys i just overtook in the second to last turn made it up besde me i was already in the inside turn and suddenly he cimes wooshing towards me
And says it was my fould caus i should have let him pas caus he wants te inside turn
I didn't realise the filter was set to "no".
In all other patch releases, all filters were set to "yes" and I think this is how it should be, could be a ligitimate bug?

Shame on you Gunn

SD.
Ah, the conspiracy to get people to race in an online racing simulation by employing shady tricks and subliminal interface manipulation has been exposed.
#8 - VoiD
Quote from Gunn :It sounds like the default setting is doing a fantastic job.

priceless...
I see nothing bad in cruising.. not my cup of tea maybe.. but hell.. it gives a playground to enjoy the physics with less stressfull enviroment, and still do it online with other people.. all this hate always against everyone who enjoy the game bit differently than others...

:chair:
#10 - Gunn
Quote from Drunken Predator :I see nothing bad in cruising.. not my cup of tea maybe.. but hell.. it gives a playground to enjoy the physics with less stressfull enviroment, and still do it online with other people.. all this hate always against everyone who enjoy the game bit differently than others...

Just because you say it's hate doesn't mean it is.
Quote from Gunn :Just because you say it's hate doesn't mean it is.

Well bullying then, but it happens in every thread thats about cruising/drifting.. if you as a moderator dont see it, then all i can do is wonder what kind of moderator you are. Its unacceptable, all these people have right to enjoy the game, and not be bullied around..
they have paid for it.. and soon people are scared to post or start threads about things they have on their heart or need help in because the bully crew lead by a mod is always there. If you now tell me its only humor, its not.. humor is something understood as humor also by the one its aimed at.. just had to say it.. ill rest my case.. might be the position of the moon, but today i get more irritated than ever of the bully feature in community.

/needs a drink..
#12 - Gunn
Quote from Drunken Predator :Well bullying then, but it happens in every thread thats about cruising/drifting.. if you as a moderator dont see it, then all i can do is wonder what kind of moderator you are. Its unacceptable, all these people have right to enjoy the game, and not be bullied around..
they have paid for it.. and soon people are scared to post or start threads about things they have on their heart or need help in because the bully crew lead by a mod is always there. If you now tell me its only humor, its not.. humor is something understood as humor also by the one its aimed at.. just had to say it.. ill rest my case.. might be the position of the moon, but today i get more irritated than ever of the bully feature in community.

/needs a drink..

You misjudge my position. Cruising servers don't do much for LFS as a racing sim when a new player joins LFS after hearing how great a simulator it is and they go online and are confronted with cops and speed limits and money. Hiding these servers by default is a great move and helps to maintain the credibility of LFS. I'm not bullying, I'm supporting LFS. If I said "all cruisers are luisers and they all suck" then you'd have a point. But I didn't, and you don't. Don't go down the "what kind of moderator are you" path, that's bullying me. Most disturbing when I'm sticking up for the sim I love.
hehe, well.. i guess im a bully too then
#14 - Gunn
What the heck is cruise anyways? People driving around slowly for fun?
Quote from A.Ulleri :What the heck is cruise anyways? People driving around slowly for fun?

Yup its nice top relax from racing and anoy the cops
#17 - Osco
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Whel i had trouble to with some strange guys who did do soem prettey ignorant things

For excample some strange guys i just overtook in the second to last turn made it up besde me i was already in the inside turn and suddenly he cimes wooshing towards me
And says it was my fould caus i should have let him pas caus he wants te inside turn

for the love of god, please make a post with at least one eye open to read your scribblings
usually i go to curise servers to give all my money to the first guy that answers me if he wants to have it.

i am not a cruiser, because i play lfs for fun. cruising in games may be fun for a lot of people but not for me. i think this is like in kindergarten. STOP I AM THE POLICE, PULL OVER!

if i want to cruise i'll take my real car for a spin...
Next patch drift?

Also can we add a filter for location or area so i don't have to sit and watch 400 servers update to finally see the 6 or so Australian servers?

Which are normally empty so we race on the euro servers with high ping and make life unpleasant for everyone
Sorry, I've been away from the forums lately, and havent responded.

Quote from Gunn :It sounds like the default setting is doing a fantastic job.

I agree!!

Quote from spanks :so, you're saying its bad that more people are racing now instead of cruising?

No, just saying that the people that have spent most of their time crusing are a little rusty with the intended racing sceen of lfs and have lost their manners.

But I think its good they came out of their little niche.

Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :Keep it quiet...they thought they got a feature

Quote from SparkyDave :I didn't realise the filter was set to "no".
In all other patch releases, all filters were set to "yes" and I think this is how it should be, could be a ligitimate bug?

Shame on you Gunn

SD.

Me too (on the "think this is how it should be" subject and the "ligitimate bug" subject)

Quote from xaotik :Ah, the conspiracy to get people to race in an online racing simulation by employing shady tricks and subliminal interface manipulation has been exposed.

Haha, maybe.

Quote from Drunken Predator :I see nothing bad in cruising.. not my cup of tea maybe.. but hell.. it gives a playground to enjoy the physics with less stressfull enviroment, and still do it online with other people.. all this hate always against everyone who enjoy the game bit differently than others...

There is nothing bad in cruise servers, just theytake all the racing competition away from the racing servers.
#21 - Osco
Quote from richo :Next patch drift?

Also can we add a filter for location or area so i don't have to sit and watch 400 servers update to finally see the 6 or so Australian servers?

Which are normally empty so we race on the euro servers with high ping and make life unpleasant for everyone

click sort by ping..?
#22 - Woz
Quote from Osco :click sort by ping..?

NOT the same. Doing that still means you have to refresh ALL servers even servers that anyone living down here KNOW they can't join due to ping.

To be able to just refresh the list for servers in your area would be HUGE bonus.
#23 - Osco
I filter filter empty, full and private servers, at best that gives me a 100 servers to chose from. If I were to sort by ping, I'd know immediately which servers will definately go disco on me and which are near me.
btw, define area, I have seen US servers with lower ping than, say a german server...
area doesn't mean everything, sure it helps, but it's no guarantee
Quote from Woz :NOT the same. Doing that still means you have to refresh ALL servers even servers that anyone living down here KNOW they can't join due to ping.

To be able to just refresh the list for servers in your area would be HUGE bonus.

Damn Straight!
Don't mean to sound all that negative but if it takes cruisers over a week to realize that there is a cruise filter set to no by default, we got bigger issues then the bloody filter.

Now go race and remember why you bought LFS in the first place.

Recent Racing Headaches
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG