The online racing simulator
Vixen Challenge: Season 2 (Formula XR)
After a successful first season, won by [4SR] Darkone which ended midway through December i am planning on starting the second season towards the end of february. I am giving myself lots of time to organise in the next month because i think there may be a lot of interest in the second season and more will have to be done if there are two divisions after running just one last season.

There is a provisional calendar in place at the moment. The order of the races and the tracks which will be raced are final, it is just the day of the week which is yet to be decided.

The league will be largely in the same format as last season, with qualifying followed by a 15 minute sprint race and then a 45 minute feature race each raceday. Qualifying will start at 1900GMT-1930GMT depending on how many drivers end up registering for the league. Feature races should end by around 2115GMT.

Gaps between races will alternate between one and two weeks as specified on the provisional calendar.

To qualify for the league drivers will have to register for the league and submit hotlaps on Blackwood GP and Fern Bay Gold in the Formula XR to LFSW. There will be a tracker in place shortly to list the hotlap times of all drivers who have signed up for the league. The number of drivers who will qualify for the league will depend on the amount of interest generated. The deadline for hotlap submission is Wednesday 15th February 1200GMT.

For more information please visit the spdoRacing forum. There is currently little information about the league on the forum regarding the new season but details should be much more complete within the next few days.

League Signup

spdoRacing Website

spdoRacing Forum

Please remember to actually sign up for the league by following the "League Signup" link above if you are interested in taking part.

List of signed-up Racers (14 February 1628GMT):
  1. spdoJosh
  2. spdoHuppis
  3. spdoMisan
  4. Djbob
  5. spdoOdj
  6. vMax.TristanCliffe
  7. [TS]-Boss(CL)
  8. Gentlefoot|A
  9. [XP] T-RonX-
  10. [XP]-TagForce-
  11. [noobs] th84
  12. [XP]-Mister X-
  13. vMax.Markko
  14. ATC Franky500
  15. spdoTroyMclure
  16. -[TS]-Mr_Goodshot
  17. GAS HS
  18. nakeda
  19. -[TS]-Tim Verrinder
  20. -[TS]-RUSHOOD
  21. -[TS]-jojo
  22. GAS Fidi
  23. SCULPTOR
  24. Csimpok
  25. DPRT John Holme
  26. vMax.Chris Kerry
  27. AGB Meanmachine
  28. sharkboots
  29. -[TS]-Bage
  30. (AR) Fnac
  31. [ART]SkyNet
  32. AGB Kart-Racer
  33. SCULPTOR junior
  34. vMax.Simon
  35. sccc|prophet
  36. MR_Simba
  37. cyber|BlackMan
  38. sccc|rX
  39. -[TS]-b0nd
  40. Saturday
  41. ¥¥Neotry¥¥
  42. Darkone
  43. Danny
  44. roy
  45. [FM]^Krusty
  46. gish
  47. ScP r-blue
  48. maddoguk1
  49. AGB Zsolt
  50. csűr.Inferno
  51. AGB Arvee
  52. robgo
Some more information that i didn't think about adding to the first post:
  • The season will be 10 weeks long
  • Each driver's best 6 (may change to 5) results will be taken, so missing one or two races will not ruin a driver's season
  • There will be a team championship in addition to the overall, sprint and endurance drivers' championships
  • Drivers will be able to register as reserves throughout the season to try and ensure healthy grid numbers
I'm interested - was a good league last time, even if my own tendency to spin off just when I'm doing okay kept occuring.

So, yeah, but me down on the list
Hmm, interesting.. But I'm not sure yet. Last league wasn't fun anymore after 2 races. Wanted to win too much, and that's not good.

So, maybe I'll sign up later.
Darkone, you know the video you had in the making of season 1 could you maybe upload what you've done ? Would be interesting to watch the footage up to the point you finished

Keiran
#6 - th84
sounds good! maybe i can do this one!! vote the weekend guys!!!
Quote from keiran :Darkone, you know the video you had in the making of season 1 could you maybe upload what you've done ? Would be interesting to watch the footage up to the point you finished

Keiran

Sorry Keiran, I deleted it all.. I wasn't even started with the montage, I only had lots of clips.. But that was too much for my pc.
I'll compete again, should be good.
Quote from Darkone55 :Sorry Keiran, I deleted it all.. I wasn't even started with the montage, I only had lots of clips.. But that was too much for my pc.

Ah right

Keiran
I'm up for it. lets hope i can get those hotlaps in
I'm interested, thanks for PM.
And i mean it this time
Yeah I'll be interested again. This is a good league folks.
Sounds good to me tuesday or thursday night is the only time i would be able to do !!!!!
Sounds great would like to try leage tuesdays and thursdays are preferd days.
Josh, could you give ballpark figures of the sort of hotlap times on Blackwood GP and Fern Bay gold that would be needed to qualify for the league? What was the qualification time for the previous season, for example?
I would imagine that if there is only one division and interest is similar to last season that times around 1:10.0 (BL GP) and 1:17.0 (FE Gold) would be required. If, however, there are enough drivers to fill two divisions, anything half decent would probably qualify drivers for the second division.

If you are interested though you may aswell signup and complete a couple of hotlaps and then when some kind of tracker is available soon you will be able to see how you are doing. Even if you do then qualify you will not be obliged to take part.
i am interested... ...but unfortunately i already signed up for another league...(or rather fortunately? )
Sounds good, would prefer a monday or thursday though with the Champions League matches on Tue, Wed.
-
(th84) DELETED by th84 : because im a moron!
Yeah i would like to avoid champions league dates for the league certainly especially since the latter stages will be taking place around the time of the league.
Bump... still only 24 signed up which is much less than we had last season, come on this is the most popular car in lfs!
Quote from joshdifabio :I would imagine that if there is only one division and interest is similar to last season that times around 1:10.0 (BL GP) and 1:17.0 (FE Gold) would be required. If, however, there are enough drivers to fill two divisions, anything half decent would probably qualify drivers for the second division.

Cheers, Josh, appreciate the answer. I would certainly be a second division guy by the sounds of it, but sadly at the moment work commitments are keeping me too busy to have a shot at those hotlaps.
Just a little bump... would be great to get enough people to sustain two divisions.
signed up

if you can handle my awesome pace and racing ability
Shall I start rendering a crashed Formula XR for you gish?

Just kidding mate! I think I crashed more anyway...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG