The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
A January Get-Together
Dekojester has suggested that we have a January get-together to get to know each other and have a bit of fun in a non-competitive atmosphere. I'll let you suggest dates (probably best is Sunday Evenings), and I'll get onto Dynamic Racing to get a server ready. The tracks will be the ones in the series, and some others thrown in for fun!

Post your thoughts.
My thoughts for this day is an open-test day so everyone can be on the track togehter to get used to their driving styles, and share information, and just generally have a good time.

I will enforce some rules, mainly pitlane ettiquite. This will be so you can get used to how I call penalties. (I tend to use the same syntax as you see on the Race Control messages on F1 broadcasts).

I suggested that this test start at the time that we decide on for starting the events, so as to check connection issues so nothing goes wrong on the actual racedays.

d
Any Idea what date it will be?

Sounds like fun
I'm thinking either the 20th or 27th of Janurary, or both. Gives everyone a chance to practice on their own, and then once we get the startup details set, we can really have fun.
#5 - J@tko
Quote from dekojester :I'm thinking either the 20th or 27th of Janurary, or both. Gives everyone a chance to practice on their own, and then once we get the startup details set, we can really have fun.

Checked my calendar, and the 20th is a bad day as I've got a Physics GCSE the day after. 27th please.
Just to let ye know, if anyone wants to practice, [DR] Server 1 is set to xfg/xrg at Bl1
#7 - J@tko
Quote from niall09 :Just to let ye know, if anyone wants to practice, [DR] Server 1 is set to xfg/xrg at Bl1

Ah, so [DR] Server 1 is your sever. I thought so. Any chance of a rotation of all the rounds in the series? P.S I'll PM you the dates and venues of the rounds so you can sort the server out.
Quote from J@tko :Ah, so [DR] Server 1 is your sever. I thought so. Any chance of a rotation of all the rounds in the series? P.S I'll PM you the dates and venues of the rounds so you can sort the server out.

We have a number of servers:
[DR] Server 1
[DR] Server 2
[DR] Trainserver 1
[DR] Trainserver 2

I will get on to Tys, and he will sort out the servers and stuff.
Im sure we can change the name to whatever you want and give you a admin pass etc..
#9 - J@tko
Quote from niall09 :We have a number of servers:
[DR] Server 1
[DR] Server 2
[DR] Trainserver 1
[DR] Trainserver 2

I will get on to Tys, and he will sort out the servers and stuff.
Im sure we can change the name to whatever you want and give you a admin pass etc..

Great - thanks. (PM coming in a mo!)

P.S The name of the server is fine - I'll just direct people to it.
I didnt want to create a new thread so ill just post it here, would anyone like to have a short get together sometime within the next week? just find a empty server and have a good race around get to know each other etc?
Just a suggestion :P
Quote from jimaxx :I didnt want to create a new thread so ill just post it here, would anyone like to have a short get together sometime within the next week? just find a empty server and have a good race around get to know each other etc?
Just a suggestion :P

Me votes for [DR] Server 1!

If any competitors are on in the evenings this week, go to [DR] Server 1 - It'll be set to a series combo.
Quote from J@tko :Me votes for [DR] Server 1!

If any competitors are on in the evenings this week, go to [DR] Server 1 - It'll be set to a series combo.

I vote for today! on that server^ I wanna get pwned, but hopefully not as bad as i did in the new years race, First time on aston ftl
Quote from jimaxx :I vote for today! on that server^ I wanna get pwned, but hopefully not as bad as i did in the new years race, First time on aston ftl

Any time you like - but I wont be there for a while - maybe mid-week.
I can put a server up any time
The Get-Together will be on Sunday 27th January @ 7pm GMT. You are all invited. Some of the combos in the series will be covered. Come and have some fun and discover the winner's prize and (if applicable) your team-mates.
mmm... Is there a possibility that it can be moved to 8PM GMT? I'm interested, I couldn't get home 7PM GMT.
It will be an open test session, and I would likely like to see it open for at least 90 minutes, more is better.

It's more or less an "Officially Sponsored" Test Day with eveyone.

d
Quote from madbikes :mmm... Is there a possibility that it can be moved to 8PM GMT? I'm interested, I couldn't get home 7PM GMT.

I'll be there most of the evening. Everyone can drop in and go when they like if they have other commitments.

I'll announce the winner's prize @ 7pm. If yu're not there, I'll PM u or tell u when u arrive.
Whats the prize?

A new car?

A new house?

CASH?
Quote from JO53PHS :Whats the prize?

A new car?

A new house?

CASH?

Remember, I work on a budget of zilch.
Free skins?

Free setups lol?
Quote from JO53PHS :Free skins?

Have you seen my attempts at making a skin?

But I could give out my collection of skins instead of the prize that I've got lined up.....
Quote from J@tko :Have you seen my attempts at making a skin?

But I could give out my collection of skins instead of the prize that I've got lined up.....

What happens If you win?

And are there prizes for Drivers, Teams and Induvidials

or just one prize?
Quote from J@tko :Have you seen my attempts at making a skin?

Hey, that's one really, really great prize you've got lined up ! It would bite for that to be lost.

Pssst....I know what the prize is...but I'll be damned if I tell anyone other than J@tko what it is ! He's liable to forget with his mock exams in January !
Quote from JO53PHS :What happens If you win?

And are there prizes for Drivers, Teams and Induvidials

or just one prize?

Just a drivers prize. The others are just for fun, but titles in themselves. You could put it in your sig if you win something.

I won't win! The prize is external anyway - I can still win it.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG